Big Lots has Halloween

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Big Lots has Halloween

Post by MHooch » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:54 pm

Hey guys, if anybody has a Big Lots store nearby, they have Halloween stuff out. I got some really big (32") nicely done tombstones for just $15.00 each, they also have lots of spiders, snakes, rats, etc really cheap, and skulls for $5.00. (One can never have too many skulls!) I know, I know, I wasn't gonna buy any more Halloween decorations this year! :oops:

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:05 am

Cool! I'm going to try to head over to my local Big Lots sometime this weekend to look and see if they have anything I might need for this Halloween. I'm always looking for inexpensive decorations and props and sometimes I have gotten lucky finding things there.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:20 am

the big lots by me had these 3 ft high pumpkin lamp posts. i want to pick them up if they're still there.
i'm also going to the local fair this weekend. since the fair represents the end of summer and the beginning or autumn, they always have a stand that sells the best halloween decoration
trick or treat

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:33 pm

Here in Los Angeles: Yes, it seems like Big Lots is putting the Halloween stuff earlier this year.

I am also seeing Halloween stuff at the 99 Cents Only store down the street, they have probably half their stuff out already, I bought some little plastic JOLs and things.

Over at Party City (today is August 31!) they were putting away the summer stuff and putting up all that wonderful spooky goodness. They had decent mini-rats, mini-bats, skull rings, stickers, and that kind of small party favor type stuff. Reasonably priced, and a lot of it is in bags of 8 or 10 for a buck or two per bag.

I usually need small little plastic goodies to give away to people, and now seems the time to get them!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:05 pm

I am headed over to Big Lots tomorrow then. Thanks for the heads up!!!

These stores also have stuff out if you all have one near you:
Garden Ridge - Michaels - Many Cute little Home decore shops and Walgreens started to put candy out (soon to be decorations)

Plus I have to share my joy when I went to michaels and they had a yard sign say "Hazel's shop of Horrors" and my dogs name is Hazel.....how appropriate!!!!!!!!

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:50 am

So I got paid and went right over to Big Lots. I did pretty good only spending about $40 on stuff. I figure before it's said and done I'll have managed to spend $100 to $200 bucks on halloween stuff so I'm just trying to pace myself. :) I picked up some more rope light another skeleton, which I think I'll try to corpse out, some fall stuff and a couple of little rats. I like the cool foam headstones they had but I don't think I need any of those this year. Mostly just been trying to stay focused and only get stuff to go with the Mad Scientist Lab theme that I’m doing this time. I figure next week I'll try to hit Micheal's and then the hardware store to get materials to build one of my larger outdoor props.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:35 pm

You go, BlkAsh!! Sounds like you are well on your way to a great Halloween bas!! Keep us posted. :D

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:01 pm

$5.00 Skulls!! Why didn't you tell me!! :shock:

Oh, you did...

I'm off to Big Lots.
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:53 am

Big Lots, yeah! I went a couple of weeks ago when it was first displayed and made sure to pick up the stuff I really wanted. My roommate giggled at me when I told her if I don't get this now, it may not be here in October. Or if it is, it may be damaged. She understood but still thought I was pretty funny to be so gung ho this early in the season. I told her," This is nothing. You should know better. Wait until the party stores are in full swing. Then you'll see just what I am really like." She laughed at that because she has known me for 6 years. She already knows I am constantly on the lookout for anything remotely resembling Halloween. I dragged her through the mall the other day when I saw a glimpse of orange. LOL Thank goodness she enjoys it too.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:45 am

Hey there Halloweenians,
I don't know what the Big Lots store is however we do have a Walmart in town I am assuming it is the same sort of deal. If its not, please excuse the mix up. Anyway I was into "The Big W" (what I like to call it) looking for a few more school supplies for my daughter and I alway swing by the seasonal section to see what they have in store.... they still haven't got anything Halloweenish out yet. Now we have a mall in town not a very big one and but the dollarstore there has stuff and some of the grocery stores have the candy on display but not much in the decoration department. I am getting frustrated. I remember that last year they had a wack of stuff and i am sure they will this year I just wish the would hurry the heck up!!!!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:10 pm

Our Walgreens (drugstore) has TONS of great stuff out. They have Halloween village stuff for $1 and 2/$1, and a couple of bigger light-up pieces for about $5. I bought a whole village and it cost less than $30. It's no Dept 56, that's for sure, but it is really cute. I've bought skull goblets, and leaf garland, and purple and orange lights, a coffee set with a tray and sugar/cream bowl, I've visited three different Walgreens stores in my area looking for early buys. Yankee candle, which is pricey but has MAGNIFICENT stuff already has $200 of mine, too. Their spooky tree wax burner is the absolute cutest. If I can remember, I'll take a picture of my cheap little village to show you guys.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:31 pm

Congrats on your purchases! I just came back from my lunch break and I picked up some black bat wing garland at one of the shops in town... Score! I also bought a orange and black Happy Halloween sign.

Well I don't have a Halloween villege but I would love to start building on one. I do have many witch figures and I places them in a circle to look like they are celebrating around a cauldron. I like stuff like that.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:39 pm

Ok so can I say how happy I am that people are coming on here and alerting people of when stores put out the Halloween stuff.

Thanks for the heads up on Walgreens...last time I checked it was just candy. I dont understand why the stores put out the candy first. Wont it just go bad sooner? Decorations dont expire!!!!!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:03 am

LittleDollClaudia...I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who says "I have to get this now, by October it'll be gone"!! I just love this board!!! Isn't it great to talk with other people who are just as crazy about Halloween as you are? :lol:

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:29 am

Okay, I'm very nearly internet illiterate, so hopefully I can make this work. Here is an album of my dinky little village:

http://www.fujifilm.net/share/guest_ent ... sid=312059

Let me know what you think!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.