Its....nearly here!!!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
spookyboo
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Its....nearly here!!!

Post by spookyboo » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:27 pm

Can you feel that energy int the air.....Fall is about to desend upon us. I can all but feel that crisp cold air. More Halloween things arrived in the mail today so I am very excited and as of September first I shall open the crypt door...(attic door really) and begin to unpack the many cartons that hold my dearest Halloween treasures just the anticipation is driving me
crazy. I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:41 pm

ah, yes, yes indeed..had to put on the comforter last night, and did NOT want to get up today...watched Bela in VOODOO MAN...will do WHATEVER BECAME OF BABY JANE tomorrow night with the folks at work..you just cannot BELEIVE what a fave that is at work...I know that White Zombie is getting close, and those Disney cartoons are also calling.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:06 am

Well I am excited about this upcoming weekend! Today is the first of September and I have already made a plan with my 11 daughter about this weeked and digging into the Halloween cubbie hole in my attic for some goodies. She thinks I'm being a bit crazy with being this early and all but ......she get into the mood as soon as he sees our old friends and creatures on display. I am not going to put all my things out but just tid bits here and there. I plan on bring all my horror and Halloween style movies/DVDs out into the living room and pack my summery ones away...finally..... Over the years I have collect children books for certain holidays....Easter...Xmas....St. Patricks Day...and on and on anyway I am hauling out all my Halloween ones this weekend. I keep them in a spray painted black wicker basket in the front room (which I designate as the Cave). My kids love it....I love to read and re-read them too. Fun, Fun, Fun.......

I also want to mention that this morning on my way to work it was pretty cool and almost frosty on my field.... I bet within a couple weeks here my sea of trees will be changing colors almost like they were blush at me.... I can't wait!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:10 am

Yesterday felt like a perfect fall day. It's starting to get dark earlier, and the air was so crisp. Summer has been so hot and humid here. It's great to finally get the refreshing air coming through. I also noticed more fallen leaves in my neighborhood, fall is on it's way!

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:10 pm

it is so cold out and the sun is orange from the forest fires. feels like fall.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:35 pm

Well after work we plan on celebrating the first of September and having a big campfire tonight....should be fun, cool and excite our senses!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm

Oh yeah! I won't do the decorating thing yet, but I have already started with the festivities, basically. Too exciting, plus all the stores seem to be putting their stuff out extra early...I've already bought some rats, bats, skulls, and pumpkins. Well, plastic pumpkins, anyway.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:12 pm

You guys are so lucky, I live in southeast Texas, it's still in the 90's here. But I put out my Halloween village already anyway, and I've already added over $200 worth of new decorations to the almost $2000 worth I already owned. I think I have a problem . . .

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:33 pm

I live on the East Coast of Canada and the whether is kicking in. Its not too cool yet but in the evenings you need a heavy sweater on. The stores around us don't have too much stuff out yet. The dinky dollar store has some so I picked up to new black & orange candles... the annual restocking stuff but I am assuming this week the bigger stores will clue in and start with the goodies.

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:48 pm

Here in Ontario, it's gearing up...most of the stores have started to put their stuff out now, but not the costumes, who NEEDS fifty million kids pawing through them all BEFORE Labor Day???
Nice and cool, though jacket weather...
Of course all of this is viewpoint..I came into work the other day and said;"Only 60 more days until Halloween."
Stoney silence..then;"LYNCH HIM!!"
Summer, it was explained to me as they got the rope, went too fast this year..and they see Ernesto's big rain as breaking it's back.
but hey, I was still happy it was 60 days and counting..and YOU guys are stoaked for it...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:56 pm

geekmidwinter...I really should have you talk to my husband. Every year I get more Halloween stuff, and every year he threatens to divorce me! (not really) I just can't help it. One can never have too many Halloween decorations!! I'll need a third table this year for my Halloween village. Fortunately, all my friends buy me Halloween stuff for my birthday in Sept. :D

spookyboo
Haunt Master

Post by spookyboo » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:02 am

Mhooch My birthday is in September also...the 14th to be exact and since I am a Halloween freak I always get all Halloween items. Small world LOL PS (you wouldnt believe some of the things I hide from my hubby until they are in the display and he just shakes his head and says where did that come from LOL

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:32 am

It is still in the 80s here in TN, but it is cooling off now in the evenings at least and things have been a little less humid. Some of the leaves are just starting to change and fall on a few bushes and trees. I have already been out to Big Lots and spent about $40 on little fall and Halloween items. Next weekend I'm planning on diving into the many storage tubs of Fall and Halloween decorations I have stored and pulling out what I'll use this year. I figure I will go ahead and get the fall stuff up and then slowly start slipping in the Halloween items the last weekend in Sept. I'll do finishing touches for my Halloween party the week before and the week of our get together (probably the 2nd weekend in Oct). I'm excited as always to see autumn arriving and I'm looking forward to a good October.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:24 am

yes I am to I have my scarecrows out now. bt my wife said I cant put up decorations till after savannah ( my daughters ) birthday party whch is in a week.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:32 pm

spookyboo, my birthday is the 10th. It IS a small world. Good thing we both have understanding spouses, huh? I usually sneak things in, too, but I got caught red-handed last wed with the BigLots bag in my hand! :oops: