Halloween Shopping

Discussion of general Halloween topics
uncletor
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by uncletor » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:09 am

The 'Harvest Festival' shuck gets me, but not as bad as the dude one year who decided to do a COUNTER HALLOWEEN....he stuck ALL his Christmas angels out on the lawn, had the benedictine monks doin' their thang on the audio deck, along with THE NORMAN LUBOFF CHOIR on another..then INSTEAD of candy, he was handing out those post cards of FIGHTING MICHAEL...and, of course, Jack Chick pamphlets...my fave is ALWAYS the little boy who runs from the haunted house and right into oncoming traffic and gets greased, and his friends ask the Sunday school teacher;"He goes to HEAVEN, right??" And the teacher says;"Oh, NO...he was bad..he's BURNS in HELL!" My son was a LOT younger at the time, and was frankly FREAKED at the loud 'damien damien santos santos damien' type of OMEN music, but even HE had to laugh at the comic...
My Gramma actually figured the Harvest Festival schtick would have taken over by now..she thought the right thinking people/concerned citizens/moral fibre/tasteful citizens would have sent Halloween packing..It looks that at least my grand daughter will get to see it, maybe even HER kids...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:44 pm

Right on uncletor!! Halloween to me is not about satan and devil worship like some of our more...shall we say...religious neighbors would like to convince us. It's about getting out of yourself and putting on a costume and pretending to be somebody else for awhile...it's about giving the neighborhood kids a shiver and then some treats...it's about the glow of the pumpkins, the smell of the leaves, the laughter and squeals of the kids. Not to mention the PARTIES!!! I know that some of my neighbors think I'm the tackiest broad ever, and some of them think I'm going striaght to hell, but at my age I could care less what others think, as long as nobody gets hurt and we all have a good time. :wink:

punkinpie1021
Zombie

I agree- I love halloween time in stores

Post by punkinpie1021 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:01 pm

I am in college and it is so much easier during the fall instead of summer. I bought lil halloween stickers to put on my binders to remind me of it! :P
~I luuuvv the BRRR Months~

MisfitQueen
Zombie

Post by MisfitQueen » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:27 pm

yeah it makes me feel happy inside also to see all the new stuff, but then it makes me sad that i always cant afford to buy it! :x

grrrr!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:31 pm

I know what you mean MisfitQueen. The Halloween stuff here is pretty expensive but I rack up after Halloween and save it for the next year. I can't help but buy a few things before Halloween though.. its a impulse I can't resist!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

MisfitQueen
Zombie

Post by MisfitQueen » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:37 pm

yeaaa , i guess i should start saving, to buy up all the dicounted items after the holiday has passed :lol:
~cant think to what to put here right now~

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:20 am

I just bought off Amazon the Martha Steward Halloween Book and a couple of Halloween DVDs: "Nicktoons - Halloween - Tales of Fright" & "Cartoon Network Halloween - 9 Creepy Capers". Maybe later I can afford to get the other two Cartoon Network Halloween Special DVDs. I used to have taped off the TV the Garfield Halloween Special and the Charlie Brown's Halloween Special. I don't think I have those anymore... so I'm on the hunt for copies on DVD or VHS. I'm so excited I can't wait to get them in the mail. Anyone else buying any movies specifically for Halloween this year?

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:14 am

SON OF FRANKENSTIEN..the last time Karloff played the monster, the last time you had sympathy for the monster...with Basil Rathbone, (Sherlock Holmes) as THE SON....
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:43 am

Ahh, Halloween Express, Spirit and Halloween Club. The first two are seasonal but Halloween Club is open all year round. I only know of two locations at the moment. It's a huge warehouse stuffed with props, costumes and decor. It is a great pick-me-up during July when you think the summer will never end. I know this sounds bad, but I love it in March when they have their 1/2 off props sale. Whoohoo!! I get in soooo much trouble then. :lol:
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:50 am

I'm in Los Angeles and there's a Halloween Club about an hour's drive from me. But yeah, these things are open year round, and while I don't visit there all the time, I HAVE gone there a couple of times really early in the year, like January or February, just so I can be in a huge warehouse full of props, monsters and costumes. I mean, it's really too much. And yes, things can be found on sale. I sell creepy things on Ebay too, and I like to have little plastic spiders and glow in the dark fangs and so on to throw in the box with someone's order, and the Halloween Club comes in pretty handy for stuff like that.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:39 pm

How jealous am I that you live near a YEAR ROUND Halloween store??? You lucky dogs! Maybe when my husband and I retire, I'll have to look at moving close to one!! I'll bet a real estate saleman has never had that ofr a citeria before: "we'd like to be within an hour's drive of a Halloween Club, please." :lol:

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:21 am

i was on my way home from school last night and while i was at the light at the front of my neighborhood, i was reading the ticker thing at walgreens. it had Halloween Decorations as low at .39 so i had to go in...i mean seriously, who could pass that up! i went in, got 2 skull tealight holders, a ghost candle holder, 2 tombstones, some halloween coloring books for the kids, and a pair of bat earrings all for $15...what a deal! im so proud. of course my husband just started laughing when i walked in the door with 2 bags and 2 tombstones under my arm. :D
I love Halloween!!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon May 21, 2007 2:08 am

Oh how I am counting the days until Michael's gets in their Halloween stock. I wish we had a Target here :cry: Why does the Halloween stuff only come out just before Halloween, wish there was a year round Halloween store :D