Lady In White

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
One Eye'd Jack

Lady In White

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:39 pm

I have to say that Lady in White is right up there in my top three favorite Halloween movies. Right next to Nightmare Before Christmas and The Addams Family movies.

LIW is a very beautifully told story. Very charming and clever and even rather creepy at times. On top of everything, it's actually a HALLOWEEN movie. Very few of the quote/unquote SCARY movies don't even take place around Halloween. I love a great story and LIW just seems to have it all without all the gore.

Story over gore, I say.

Does anyone know of any really good Halloween movies that actually take place at Halloween? It doesn't even have to be particularlly scary. I even consider E.T. a Halloween movie. Even if it just has Halloween in the backround i.e. TOT'S and decorations.

By the way, I think Lethal Weapon and Die Hard I and II are great Christmas movies.

Meet Me in St. Louis has a great halloween segment and it's really neat while it lasts but then quikly goes into Christmas with one of the greatest Christmas songs/perfomances ever..... just sayin.

I also really like Hocus Pocus but it's almost a little too goofy.

Any Ideas? :D

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:56 pm

I suggest you to watch movie called "Jack O'". This is about Jack O' Lantern goes out there on Halloween nite for killing people. I believe that movie was made in 1995. Check your local video store or you can check it on video store online if you have one. Well, I'n not so sure about the correct title, but try JACK-O or JACK O.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:03 am

Hmm... I had meslef a little look on Amazon.com for 'Jack O' and this is what I found:

"Most Should Stay Back-o from JACK-O"

"the worst EVER"

"Run for your life, from this movie"

(I love this one) "Unflushable Turd"

"When will I ever learn!"

The one GOOD review goes something like this: "...This movie has it all: gore, blood, breasts, psycho pumpkin killers. Need I say more?..."

Somehow, here, HauntMaster, it doesn't quite sound like it really fits into mold of what I'm looking for. However, it IS one I hadn't heard of and I really appreciate the suggestion.

If anyone else agrees with HM, I'll give it a go.

For now, I rented 'Monster House' and 'Curse of the WereRabbit'. I'm going to go watch those.

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Sun May 06, 2007 1:24 am

OEJ: I totally agree, LIW is a charming movie. And the Halloween sequence in "Meet Me in St Louis" is one of my favorites, too. Little Margaret O'Brien is TOO cute. Have you ever seen the "Halloweentown" movies by Disney? Pretty cute.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun May 06, 2007 7:26 am

I agreed with Mhooch! I love Halloweentown movies from Disney channel!! I believe Return to Halloweentown will be on t.v. tonite, Sunday, May 6 at 8pm on Disney channel.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun May 06, 2007 8:36 pm

Halloweentown, huh...... hmmmmm. I'll have to check that out!
Thanks

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun May 06, 2007 11:06 pm

One Eye'd Jack,

There are 3 Halloweentown movies! They have Halloweentown 1 and 2, and also Return to Halloweentown aka part 3. I hope the fourth part will be coming this year! They're for kids movie only, and they're very good and funny scary movies! Be sure to check out on Disney channel every time.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon May 07, 2007 12:07 am

I just rented them (1 & 2) and I'll be telling you all about them later! :D

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun May 13, 2007 4:04 am

My word, people... :? I was really looking forward to these Halloweentown movies. Yes, they certainly were "cute" yet.... they weren't quite what I was hoping for.

Anyone know of any movies where Halloween is at least taking place?

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:59 pm

One Eye'd Jack wrote:Hmm... I had meslef a little look on Amazon.com for 'Jack O' and this is what I found:

"Most Should Stay Back-o from JACK-O"

"the worst EVER"

"Run for your life, from this movie"

(I love this one) "Unflushable Turd"

"When will I ever learn!"

The one GOOD review goes something like this: "...This movie has it all: gore, blood, breasts, psycho pumpkin killers. Need I say more?..."

Somehow, here, HauntMaster, it doesn't quite sound like it really fits into mold of what I'm looking for. However, it IS one I hadn't heard of and I really appreciate the suggestion.

If anyone else agrees with HM, I'll give it a go.

For now, I rented 'Monster House' and 'Curse of the WereRabbit'. I'm going to go watch those.

Jack-o is a classic yea it is bad but man there are some good lines in it. I highly recommended it
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:06 pm

OK, *sigh*, that's two votes for 'Jack-O'. I guess I'll have to give it a go. :roll: