Dangerous Schools

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Anubismoon
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Anubismoon » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:42 pm

Miami is fine if you dont go at night to all the wild clubs there and the wrong places. Every major city has a bad area. I was born and raised in NY and many will tell you it is high crime and all of that and you know what? It is not all crime infested. Yes you go to the places where there is alot of poverty and yes you will find problems and high crime there. Miami is no different. I have family that lives in the area and I quote "it is nice to visit but if you are going to go club hopping and partying then you have to be wise and dont go off in any dark alleys". Go and enjoy your stay in Florida. If we all stay locked up in our homes we would never enjoy the freedom we do have. Remember it is not like living in a place like Iran or Iraq where you have to always look over your shoulders. Look at Columbine or even that area in Pennsylvania where those poor amish girls were shot. No one thought that would happen there. Enjoy you time in FLA.
"Forgive me father for I AM sin"

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:59 pm

Well said. I think that no matter where you go in the world there are problems. It's like the major city I live near, Vancouver British Columbia, I'm sure most have heard of Vancouver's downtown East end, or "low Track" as its refered to, this is the place where a large number of the prostitutes went missing from and have been found murdered at a near by pig farm, "Robert Pickton" stands on trial for the murders right now. Anyways, tourits websites everywhere warn about staying away from there. The truth is: Yes it's a very high crime area and extremely high drug infested area and can be very dangerous, but I believe that where a person runs into trouble is if they clearly don't know how to carry themselves in such areas. Really, if you don't know how to physically present yourself in such a manner as not to be messed with, then yes you may have problems, or if you go looking for it. This said, I myself have never had any problems there, but I do know how to carry myself in such a manner as to give off a strong sense of confidence, not arrogance though as this to can land you in trouble. Also, areas like our east end also have good people that live there, they just are there due to poverty, and some of them, and trust me, they know if you don't belong, but they will actually come up to you and tell you not to go to certain areas, or if you are in over your head where you are. Some tips I'd give others if asked about such issues are these: 1) Know how to present yourself 2) get out of risky areas before the end of business hours and definatley before dark 3) Respect those who live there, it's their turf and their home-this can quite likely save your life 4) don't flash items such as cash, jewelery, expensive clothes and a big mouth 5) and in worst case , which one tourist did in east end one time, was get to a phone and called police so they could get picked up and get help getting out.
But really, I find you can pretty much go anywhere by how you conduct yourself, and by how you treat others. If you walk like a victim-you might end up one, if you act like your above others-you might find yourself below them, and if you show off your goods-you might not leave with them.
So go wherever you want so long as you feel you will be comfortable, treat others as you would want to be treated, and if you end up in over your head find a way to get out.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

My Condolences

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:14 am

Hi everyone, I'm very sorry to hear what happend at Virginia Tech University, what a tragedy. My sincere condolences go out to everyone affected by this horrible event.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:05 am

Thanks, dutchess, many of my community's children go to Tech, and we've been very shaken by the whole thing. Luckliy for us, none of our friends were hurt or killed. But I can't stop thinking about all those poor families...How crazy the world has become...

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:10 am

That sh*t was very sad!!! Very lucky that a friend of mine didn't attend there at VA Tech during the time when the massacre occurred because she was out of town! Whew!

BTW, that gunman was from Korea, he moved here in USA since 1992, later on... I found out he was very jealousy that he had nothing for everything else on him, so he had to kill other Americans for being rich! What a nut!!!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:01 am

Hi Hooch, Your not kidding the world has gone mad! Things are getting crazy here too. We just had a homicide here in town 2 days ago. And My girlfriend is still misssing. Her car was found abandoned in SouthEast Vancouver, its in police custody and a forensic team has been going through it, still waiting to here the results. Saturday was 2 weeks since she vanished without a trace! On Saturday Her Dad, Brother and myself were on Global Tv news, and the media of course followed us while we put up posters in both Surrey & Vancouver, but lol we managed to ditch the cameramen :lol: the police now have 9 detectives on the case, it doesn't look good though, and even police are starting to panic, each day that goes by with no word is just hell. Her children now know that mommy is missing, they are being well looked after but really miss mom.
That Virgina Tech what a tragedy, people here are so upset about it. Seems like schhols just aren't safe anymore, so sad.
How about we all find some area like on the movie "The Village" and create our own community just like they did, and it can be called spookytown! I'm sure becoming game for it I tell ya!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:05 am

Sounds like heaven, Dutchess...

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:03 pm

It's always so sad, and heart rending. You remember how fragile life can be. The two photos that got me were the kids looking out from behind the doors during lock down (they are between the ages of my two), and the police emerg team removing a body in a dead run that was pretty much the same kind of photo you get from Iraq.
It's also pretty much preventable, if we tried harder. There are 8 things that have to combine together to create a mass murderer like that..sort of like a mental version of George Clooney's PERFECT STORM or Hurrican Katrina. Heck, you can even get away with five.
Now, the Japanese who have been hit with wave after wave of POLITICAL killings, have started to try and stop folks before they go berserk with early detection. For the most part, it works, and it does look like the folks down there had a shot at getting this kid, but he just slipped through the cracks.
On the positive side, we are becoming a much more empathetic society..honestly. We are raising a generation of kids who are told not to put up with bullies, parents are much more involved in the kids lives, and the ability to get along with others is a sought after asset in the work world now.
You can even contact the survivors or the school and express your support if you choose..e mail groups have sprung up all over.
Future events such as these will effect you in the future