Halloween/Gothic Weddings

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Halloween/Gothic Weddings

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:34 am

Hi Everyone, Has anyone on the forum had a Halloween/Gothic Wedding? My hubby & I are planning one of these days to get legally married, we've been together 12 years, and we really want to make it offical. He doesn't care what kind of wedding we have, its me thats into themes and such. So I really want to have a romantic Gothic wedding with a splash of Halloween to it. I have may sites saved to my favourites for future reference, but its always nice to see others photos, get new ideas, or see more websites.
So I'd love to hear of anyone's Halloween/Gothic related weddings, or any ideas and such. So far the website that is most like how I'd like our wedding to be is http://www.takingveil.com be sure to check it out, their wedding is just stunning!

Slightlymad
Master Reaper

Post by Slightlymad » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:11 am

Not I said the evil gargoyle from his adrk ledge. however, I will be watching closely as we are very much i the same boat and working on a hallowen theme. We want to have fun as it is the secind time for us both.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:35 am

I had some friends who were planning a halloween wedding, but ended up having to get married sooner because of the baby on the way! Some of the preliminary plans we had were to use an old wrought iron gate for the back drop, with spanish moss strung over it and a cemetary scene mural behind it.

One of the things I highly recommend from planning and helping with several "normal" weddings is the cheapest and easiest way to make any space your own is with tons of fabric. Go early and often to any fabric store or even Wal-mart, find rich dark patterns that catch your eye, and you can use them as offset table coverings and centerpieces, you can drape walls and chairs with them, and as long as you use the same color families, you can mix and match patterns. Watch for seasonal things that are on clearance right now, we're moving into spring, so a lot of winter things will be on sale. Watch for beading and edging that you can use to enrich the fabrics you might get, too.

One idea I love is having the wedding look more like a funeral. Have all your guests in black mourning wear, and instead of walking down the aisle you can sit up out of a coffin in the front, black roses and all! Halloween 2005, my party was based on the video for My Chemical Romance's Helena, and everyone wore black and red funerary clothes, I draped all the windows and doorways with black sheers, it was really cool.

And I hate to admit it, but that Martha Stewart has some great ideas. Go to the library and see if you can find some old Halloween issues of her magazine. She does a lot of traditional and old-timey Halloween stuff that might work for you.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:34 pm

You guys need to check out the link that Dutchess provided...they are some of the most beautiful wedding photos EVER!!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:35 pm

Hi Hooch, Isn't Shane's & Sandra's wedding just the most beautiful wedding you've ever seen! I hope we'll be able to have one just as nice. I love her gown and wedding attire, the wings are just perfect! I know I will have to have my gown custom made so if you know of any wonderful seamstresses you can pass on my email. I have a dress pattern that is close to what I want, with a few minor changes needed for which I also have photos of from various sites saved.
Anyways, yep, out of all the weddings I have saved, this one is by far the best!
Yep, our wedding should be interesting. A Romantic Goth, marrying a Country boy Redneck,lol. But his mom & sister are really open to things and I think they would get right into it. :)

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:24 am

Hey Dutchess, not to promote myself, but I'm a seamstress. I've done alot of wedding dresses and costumes especially. Let me know if you want to chat about it. :oops: :) I used to work at Cloth World, Jo-Ann's, Hancock Fabrics, now I sew full time at home. Mostly creating costumes. :oops:
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.
I'm not weird, just normal challenged.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:36 am

Hi deadbride, Sweet! That would be awsome if we could keep in touch. I will definatley be looking for a seamstress when the time comes, as there are none local so far that I can say that I would want to make my wedding gown. Oh, this is just wonderful! Yes I'd love to get your contact info and chat about gowns at a later date :D If you look at my profile you should be able to get my email address.