For The Love of Black Cats & All Other Halloween Critter

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:35 am

deadbride, your cat is beautiful! what a gorgous silver grey colour :)

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:39 am

Hi EvilMel, nice to meet you. Ya can you believe that, putting a cat down for being black, pure evil! Well all I can say is that I really hope that Karma gets them good.
As far as a black cat rescue society goes, at one time I did see a few on the internet by doing a google search on it, hope this helps.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:35 am

Sunday I got a black kitten, I've been wanting one for a while and I finally talked my husband in to it. His name is Linus Torvalds Van Pelt, and I love him to pieces. When my mom came over and saw him, the first thing she said was "Oh how cute! He'll make a great Halloween decoration!" He's medium haired, and in the sun you can see a reddish tabby marking under his black. He has green eyes and is the bravest little thing. Only six weeks old! I'll try to get some pictures soon.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:06 pm

Hi geekmidwinter, Congrats on getting a new little black kitten, I'm sure he'll bring you lots of joy, love and laughter. I love the name by the way, very original :) Look forward to seeing pictures.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:13 pm

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in months! I just could not help it when I saw this thread. I absolutely LOOOOOOVE Black Cats! I have a very cute one named Ash that I adore with all my heart. Glad to see that others feel the same way about these strangely perfect creatures.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:22 pm

BlackCat wrote:Hey everyone, I haven't posted in months! I just could not help it when I saw this thread. I absolutely LOOOOOOVE Black Cats! I have a very cute one named Ash that I adore with all my heart. Glad to see that others feel the same way about these strangely perfect creatures.

No wondering your screen name is "BlackCat". :lol:

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:26 pm

True, very true.... I wish I could remember how to post pictures on the site. I used to do it all the time before. I have a ton of cute pictures of my little Ash and his brother Fuzzy(Fuzzy is orange, but I love him anyway). :)

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed May 30, 2007 4:05 pm

I'm posting these pics for Dutchess of Darkness
These are her words and her pics! :)

...these pictures of my baby boy "Draven"....

Here's one of Tinker

This one is Chance

Bonkers The Great before she passed away

Bonkers my baby girl's memorial resting place.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed May 30, 2007 5:42 pm

DOD - I LOVE your kitties! Who could not?
Chance kind of has that "Cheshire" look to him. :)
Your little memorial place you have for Bonkers is very nice. She was a beautiful baby... so sophisticated!

Our Kitty isn't doing so well, right now. He just turned 15 in April and he's in fourth stage renal failure. We're doing everything we can for him but, I'm afraid the time we have left with him is short.

Here's a pic of him at his prime. He was about 8 or 9.

Bad Kee kee... This was one of his favorites spots. Note the Totos knocked down to the floor.

This is one I did in Photoshop about 10 years ago. He's truly been my bestest little buddy.
(WARNING: This pic is pretty sick but, it IS all in good fun, ya know.)
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/un ... nGcopy.gif

Him not feeling so good, these days. Poor little guy just seems to be barely hangin on, some days. :cry:

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Wed May 30, 2007 6:06 pm

OEJ, I'm so sorry your buddy is so sick. Fifteen years makes for a lot of wonderful memories. My kitty, Ally, looks a bit like yours. She's a tabby/calico blend with orange and black being her main colors...perfect for Halloween! She too is a "bad kee kee" who likes to nudge things off countertops and dressers just to hear them drop. :roll: Here in Colorado we have a miller moth season when we have literally hundreds of moths flying around the yard and in the house - they are migrating to the mountains but make a pit stop to entertain kitties. :wink: My cat will bounce off the walls to catch one of them and in the process does a bit of decorating damage. It's fun to watch. :D
Don't drink and fly...

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed May 30, 2007 6:31 pm

Hi OEJ, Thanks ever so much for posting my pictures :D Yes, Cheshire I'm sure would fit Chance just fine too, we call him Sir Chancealot, he's getting up there in age too. I know I have a couple of other great pictures "better ones" of him, But the Techi ublie that I am didn't give them to my hubby to scan last night when he scanned a few that were done, oh well, save them for another day. Bonkers, yes she was very sophisticated, Bonkers The Great as she was known was such a regal kitty in every way, she reminded me of how an Egyptain cat would be, I miss her so much, this past March 18th was her 1st year Anniversary so I planted a beautiful shrub in a pot that suited her personality in many aspects. Ken, the owner of the cremation home that took care of her, well I told Ken I needed to personally pick out my urn for her, one that would speak of her, one that marked her as she was, so of course Ken let me pick out whatever one I wanted, and so as you see, she's in one thats of her colours,blacks,browns,golds,with swirls of touches of cream. Tinker well she's known as Tinker The B**ch, but we love her just the same. She isn't my normal type of kitty I rescue, I usually do blacks, or darker colours or Greys, but she needed rescuing badly , got her when she was only 3 1/2-4 weeks old. And then there's my Draven, he's 100% my familar, we have an unusally close relationship/bond, he's such a doll. He's my little Black Bat, in person he looks just like one, A.K.A he's also "Thief", "Monkey" "Monster" "Stalker" and the list goes one.
I'm so sorry about your kitty being in forth stage Renal Failure, but your giving him such a loving home and he looks happy and comfortable, enjoy your time with him and soon enough, one day you'll meet again at Rainbow Bridge :) He definately owns the OZ Room, and well as far as ToTo goes, he's only putting a dog in its rightful place, remember Cats see themselves as the all mighty Centre of The Universe, and proably rightly so :wink: I love the pictures of him, he's such a gorgous Tabby, but that one of him in the OZ Room is "Priceless"!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed May 30, 2007 6:41 pm

Aren't Kee kee's great! I was more than happy to post your pics. They're very nice. I especially love the one of Draven (seconcd one down) Such a proooooouuuuud Kee kee!!! Him is the man!

As far as my kee kee.... His name is Gaw-toe but some how ever since the Mrs. came into our lives, it's evolved int o Gaw-TOTO!

Oy vey, I should have seen it coming!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed May 30, 2007 6:56 pm

Hey OEJ, Yep & he knows he's the man! One time when Mike "my hubby" had to send an email into his work he sent along that picture saying that if they didn't do what ever it was he needed them to he was gonna sick our guard cat on them :lol:

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu May 31, 2007 12:59 am

Hi Guys: I SO enjoyed seeing everyones pics. DOD; That Draven looks just like he is going to say something terribly profound. And I loved the pic of Bonkers with her front paws crossed, such a lady!

OEJ: it's hard to watch them decline. We nursed a Golden Retriever (Danny the Dog) through a brain tumor with seizures and all kinds of meds and things. It's like losing a member of your family, you love them so much, and they leave a huge hole when they go. All we can do is keep them healthy as long as we can, comfortable when we can no longer keep them healthy, and be there with them when they go over to the other side. I believe that we will see them again someday, whole and well, playful and strong as they ever were. And Danny and I are gonna play fetch!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu May 31, 2007 2:04 am

Amen