Holiday Craft Get Together

Let's discuss ideas and tips for decorating for Christmas

Holiday Craft Get Together

Postby GreenElf on Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:18 pm

This year I want to host a small holiday craft social event. Kids and familys and friends. I was wondering if anyone has and successful and easy to do crafts for kids of all ages. Thanks
GreenElf

Postby MHooch on Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:24 am

How about a cookie baking/exchange party? We've done that before, and it's fun for all ages. We bake up a bunch of different kinds of cookies, and everybody gets to take home a dozen of each kind. FUN!
MHooch

Postby EvilMel on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:54 am

I was thinking of putting stuff on wreaths. You can get a bunch of inexpensive green fake wreaths and a bunch of holiday picks, a few hot glue guns and let those kids go to town. Give them some bows or even some ribbon...then they get to display their wreath for their families.

You can also make cranberry garlands for trees or snowflakes for windows.

I like the cookie idea Hooch. Here's what me, my husband, and our friend David (who lives about 3.5 h away) do: we each get a few cookie recipes, then we get together early in the season (end of November or beginning of December) and make a million types of cookies in small batches. Then we pick the best recipes and later on, when it's time for gift giving, we make our favorites. It's a really great way to try out cookie recipes before you make them for people...once I didn't try out my recipes and I had to throw out about a third of the cookies because my lemon cranberry ribbons tasted horrible (just HORRIBLE).
EvilMel

Postby Winnie Sanderson on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:43 pm

You can get tons of craft kits from http://www.orientaltrading.com

They have such cutr stuff and are really cheap! I hope this helps!
Winnie Sanderson

Postby GreenElf on Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:09 am

Thanks for the link and ideas. Really appreciate it. There are so many cool ideas out there it will be hard to narrow down my list.
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Re: Holiday Craft Get Together

Postby Fancy_May555 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:40 am

There are bunch of Xmas cards at http://www.myprintcreations.com. You may choose some as your party invitation. They offerred great discount in the holiday season.
Fancy_May555

Return to Holiday Decoration