March : Your Horror Movie for Nutrition Month

Discussion of general Halloween topics
uncletor
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

March : Your Horror Movie for Nutrition Month

Post by uncletor » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:11 pm

SILENCE OF THE LAMBS (1991)

Anthony Hopkins IS Hannibal the Cannibal in Jonathan Demme's amazing adaptation of the Harris best seller. Jodie Foster is the rookie FBI agent used as bait to get him involved in another serial killer.
I have a friend in adversting who says the cultural memory of the country doesnt' go back much more then 7 years..before that, it's as if a movie doesn't exist. It's over 15 years old now, so a lot of folks in the United States of Amnesia regard it as ancient history and haven't even SEEN it. Go down and rent it and enjoy.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:12 pm

The Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Ravenous

Slither

The Stuff
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:59 am

I think that's an excellent movie. I saw it in the theater.

ravvy
Ghost

spoilers included don't open if you have not watched

Post by ravvy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:29 pm

i love that movie, but why did they have to mess with it? i like when the bad guy gets away but people think that gives them the right to make a sequel and prequel erg it makes me so mad.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:02 pm

Room 6 is great I think you all will like it alot.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:45 pm

Actually, the history of THIS one is that IS in some ways, the sequel..
This is neat...

BEFORE there was SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, there was RED DRAGON. That's the book that introduced hannibal. That's the first one.
The folks who made the movie of it didn't want the title after ANOTHER movie with the word DRAGON ('YEAR OF THE DRAGON') bombed BIG TIME at the box office. They changed the title to MANHUNTER. Even stars that guy from C.S.I., the one based in Vegas. Now Hopkins did NOT star as Hannibal, that was another guy, but he isn't THAT bad...it's a decision..and there are good and bad aspects of seeing what someone else does with the part..also, no laughing at the mics you see in the top of the screen, it was shot that way and THEN LETTERBOXED for the screen.
Okay. Film does decent business. Even has it's share of fans.
Harris writes the sequel to RED DRAGON...SILENCE OF THE LAMBS a second company gets involved with this one..with Hopkins, Foster..and huge box office...
THEN the second company that did SILENCE decides to go back and REDO 'RED DRAGON'...got that??? So you have a sequel then a REMAKE..after THAT, it depends when you want to jump off...Foster and Glenn from SILENCE got off with the next one: HANNIBAL..neither could dig the script...the rest got off with the one that belly flopped this winter..the prequel HANNIBAL RISING...
Still, it was nice that we as a nation turned our backs on it...
Future events such as these will effect you in the future