Pumpkin Carving in 93'

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Pumpkin Carving in 93'

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:14 am

Talking about recalling a memory.

It was a little town called Steelville Mo, in middle america. The little street was Hawthorne avenue, atop of the hill. It was an old white house with an over extended porch. I can remember the look and feel of the day. Smoke coming from burning leaves, that familiar october haze. I was 17. I remember fighting this naive sense of obligation that I had to shelf my inner youth. Today my inner youth lives on. But that day, as if it was taboo, I indulged in the Halloween spirit. The clouds were a perfect cobalt blue, the leaves were orange, red and brown. There I sat on the porch carving a pumpkin, trying to make it look fierce only to make it look a bit goofy. I was snacking on glazed donuts if you can believe it. Of all things glazed donuts. I can remember I was wearing a Phoenix Suns cap, still jaded at their game six loss to Chicago in the Finals earlier that year. I'm still waiting for a Suns championship to this day. It is an obscure and unoriginal memory, but I can still look back and remember the hope that the teenager still had for tommorow, the hope for his twenties. As if that entitled me to procrastinate. Unfortunatly you learn later in life that procrastination isn't a passing phase, it's a bad habbit that sticks with you. But for that day, it was the simplest moment that brought a smile to my face.

Well anyways, that was a small glimpse back..but I can still smell the pumpkin guts on my hands.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:55 am

Oh what a great moment in time. Sounds like one of those thing that will never let you lose your passion for the Halloween season and everything that goes along with it.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:05 am

I love the smell of leaves burning... don't have much of that here in Texas. I know what you mean by trying to make a pumpkin look fierce and getting goofy instead...

Thanks for sharing that. You made it feel very vivid and real.
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:53 pm

Happy to share it.