Hosting a 50th b-day party Halloween weekend

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
glamourme
Ghost

Hosting a 50th b-day party Halloween weekend

Post by glamourme » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:22 am

Hi, Everyone.

Happy New Year! I'm starting to think about things I can do for a Sunday afternoon 50th b-day gathering for my hubby. His b-day's on the 30th, and since it's a weekday in '07, I'm thinking heavy appetizers on a Sunday afternoon with some neighbors and some of the folks he works with. There will also be some school-age kids.

I've got a pretty good idea of the food I'm going to go with, but does anyone have any suggestions for an all-round punch for everyone but that would also accommodate alcohol if grown-ups want to add it? I'm trying to keep it simple and would like something like a wassail recipe that stays warm in a crockpot -- but you can always add a splash of rum without changing the flavor too much...Maybe a cider recipe that could be spiked?

I've taken all the Wilton cake decorating classe and can make just about anything, but the "over the hill" tombstone idea keeps coming to mind for the cake, but then again, that's kind of tired. Any suggestions?

Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Post by Bafa » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:49 pm

All I can say is be cautious of trying for black icing. People get very unhappy when they have black teeth and lips. that stuff is hard to get off!. Also royal blue is a bit of a pain as well.