My Haunted House - Cafe Dead

Discussion of general Halloween topics
deadbride
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

My Haunted House - Cafe Dead

Post by deadbride » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:26 am

http://www.hauntedgalleries.com/thumbnails.php?album=24

Here's some pics of my haunted house. They aren't very good. The entire theme was supposed to be a small dead cafe or restaurant. Creepy music in the background the whole time you are in the cafe. You enter through the kitchen area where the dishwasher (dracula) is washing up some dishes. You turn the corner and see some pirate heads sitting, singing on a table. To the left there is a table with a gorgeous center piece (a bat fountain dripping blood). Ahead of you is another table occupied by a skeleton with another lovely center piece (a fountain bone pile) and a skull candleabra. He isn't disturbed as you walk past. Up ahead to your left (literally) you see a giant 7 foot bat hanging surrounded by numerous babies. Some are feasting on dripping pieces of meat, others pieces of ????? What is Mom feasting on? What does she want to feast on? Quickly you move to the right. Along your right there are several tables. A zombie is feasting on a heart. Startled he rips open his chest and shows his still beating heart. Seated at the next table is a group of rats dining on bones and trash. A large spider is seated next to them. She is feeding her babies a large pair of flies she has entangled in her webs. Moving on you see another pair of skeletons. Apparently they've been waiting awhile. Ahead of you is a huge spider web. Cocooned in the center appears to be a body covered in spiders. Appearently they have found there dinner. You move around to the right and notice the server. The witch has finally come to serve someone. The tray is placed on the table covered in body parts and bugs. To your left there is a sound and something catches your eye. 2 zombies come to life. One throws his head upward the other crawls forward. You move toward the door. Ahead you notice a small alcove completely covered in white. You realize this is some sort of ghost conference. You are definitely not sticking around. To your left is the door, you make your exit and see a lady dressed in renissance with a cat. She hands you candy and cackles.

Hope you got a kick out of this. :oops:
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.
I'm not weird, just normal challenged.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:47 am

The pictures are great! Looks like a fun haunted house. Very nice work.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:34 pm

Those pic's are fantastic. It must of been so much fun just hanging out in that room. You really have some great pieces in your collection!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:32 pm

Very creative and original.
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:40 am

I agree, great job!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Post by Bafa » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:30 am

I am not sure if you are saying your pictures are not very good, or your decorations, but either way you are wrong. The pictures are great and your decorations look like a professional did them. Esp with that light fog in the air brings across quite a spooky feel. I sure hope you had a party with such cool decor.

Boo
Master Reaper

Post by Boo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:58 am

Good stuff, but now you've started me off on my pining for Halloween again :-)
The steeples are white in the wild moonlight,
And the trees have a silver glare;
Past the chimneys high see the vampires fly,
And the harpies of upper air,
That flutter and laugh and stare.

deadbride
Master Reaper

Post by deadbride » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:23 am

we took those pics after everything was over. We flipped the overhead lights on. We had all the overhead lights out and more fog. there were more blacklights going and some more stobes but you can't see that in the pictures. The first set we took really didn't turn out well at all. So we went back through and turned the overhead lights on and let some of the fog dissipate. I'm glad they turned out as well as they did.

Thanks everyone. :oops:
I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up.
I'm not weird, just normal challenged.

Mrs. Barnabas Collins
Zombie

Post by Mrs. Barnabas Collins » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:40 am

what a awsome job. really bet it did look cool in the dark with the fog. got some nice ideas . hope you dont mind if i use them next year :-)