When is the first day of winter?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

When is the first day of winter?

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:08 pm

Hi, I was just wondering when the official first day of winter is? Also I noticed in my yard today that all of my trees that loose there leaves for the winter are bare and now some of my bushes are starting. Does anybody else still have surviving leafs? Its strange to think that in the summer you look at a tree and it is full of life and color and then come this time of year it is narrowed down to the last leaf that holds on as tight as they can until a cold burst of air finally takes it on its journey waving goodbye to where it came from...ahh nature is a wonderful thing.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:33 pm

FIRST DAY OF WINTER IS 21 DECEMBER

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:15 pm

We've still got quite a few leaves clinging on, Pennywise. Had a really pretty foliage season this year.

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:53 am

Hey everybody! I'm so glad to see all you guys here! Work has been it's usual insanity, we're back at half staffed again, and I'm leaving for a week's vacay (that's right I said 'vacay') Saturday.

Hooch, you're giving me hope, maybe there will still be some leaves clinging to the trees in the Maine woods!

Thanks for keeping me in the spirit, I've already looped the countdown dry-erase board on my cubicle wall, it's at 356 days. My coworkers think I'm a loony, but hey, I'm entertaining.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:12 am

Oh yeah Geekmidwinter, I think it was you that mentioned youw ere not use to the changing of the leaves and everything a while back and were looking forward to this vacation. YOu must be pretty excited. I'll be thinking of ya and enjoy those cool fall evenings :D and misty mornings.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:25 pm

Yep, that was me, I'm a born and bred southern girl, so the woods of Maine sound like a dream vacation to me. Everyone says, "But it's going to be so COLD!" And I say, "Yeah, that's the point." One of these days I'm going to have a snowy Christmas, and I don't mean like we had a couple of years ago, where it snowed a half inch and then it was 80 degrees the next week. I want a real, live, snow filled Christmas.

I have friends who have lived up north, and they complain about it, with the snow and ice and the salt, but I don't care, I would love to experience it for myself.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.