How Old Is Too Old?

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.

What's Trick-or-Treating's Age Limit?

under 10
No votes
10-12
7%
12-15
14%
15-17
8%
18 & up
8%
NEVER!
63%

Total votes: 59

skullychick
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

How Old Is Too Old?

Post by skullychick » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:18 am

How old do you have to be before, you just CANT go trick-or-treating?
When there's no more room in Hell,thedeadwill walk the Earth.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:46 am

I look pretty ypung for my age so I never have a problem trick-or-treating. I put so much work into dressing up that even if the people know I'm older, they don't mind giving me some candy. I feel like a kid every time. I love it.

shanbanclear
Vampire

Post by shanbanclear » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:29 pm

I don't really care if older people come to my house trick or treating, but for me, trick or treating is more for the kids. I like to throw a party on Halloween night and try to spook the trick or treaters instead. My trick or treating days are over, until I have kids that is.

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:51 pm

I'd say 12-15. That age is tough - you can't drive yourself to a Haunted House or Halloween parties, so you should be able to trick or treat!
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:27 am

i say after 18, you should be done. if you still wanna dress up and go to parties, cool. i did that when i turned 18.

now i have a child and can dress up and take her trick or treating. no candy bag for me, but she'll never finish all the candy she gets.

then aafterwards we head to a party
trick or treat

Shad O. Deville
Zombie

Post by Shad O. Deville » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:17 pm

i agree with rosie. thats all i got to say. except, with a lot of 15 year olds i know, good luck convincing THEM they're not too old!
Shad O. Deville, Shad O. Deville, if she doesn't scare you (with her endless raving) no evil thing will... *roars*

LivingDeadGirl
Ghost

Post by LivingDeadGirl » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:34 am

I stopped going trick-or-treating when i was around 10. Not because I thought I was too old or anything, I just thought staying around decorating our house and scaring kids sh*tless was more fun than candy :D I did that for a couple years but now I live out in the middle of nowhere(literally) and nobody comes here. So last year I just carved pumpkins, turned our basement into a haunted house with my brother (for our own entertainment), watched scary movies and ate alot of candy. I was hoping we'd be moved back into a city by now, but since we're not I expect I'll bee doing the same thing this year...
Pack the moon with coffin, eyes so crazy for the dead

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:45 am

i know just how you feel living dead girl

when i was a kid i moved from a very busy and populated area to the middle of nowhere. my parents had to drive over a half hour to the nearest town to do trick-or-treating, so we only got about an hour's worth in. it wasn't worth it, so for many a halloween i just watch horror movies all night long. as an adult now i live in the town we had to drive to and it's great
trick or treat

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:45 am

I really don't care how old someone is, but if they aren't in costume...no candy. I trick-or-treated til I was like 19, hah hah. But at least I wore a costume.

We had these older kids come by my friend's house last year who weren't even in cosume!!

SadAngelove
Zombie

Post by SadAngelove » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:57 pm

:( sad was the day I stopped trick-a-treating my mom told me I was too old and my friends all said it was not cool. Now with my son we trick-a-treat til we have to be dragged home by the hubby lololol!!! My mom still says I'm too old and I said well good thing I'm old enough to make my own decisions now !!! LOL! :o
I LOVE HALLOWEEN. IT'S THE ONLY TIME OF MY CHILDHOOD WHERE I CAN REMEMBER TRUELY BEING HAPPY AND AT PEACE. I WANT MY SON TO FEEL THE SAME WAY.

Willow
Vampire

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Hi,
I wish i could still go trick or treating, its only for children round me in england or up to about 17, and i dont have any brothers or sisters to take as a reason to dree up! lol. So i decorate the village, with my garden, as no one else does.....

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Re: How Old Is Too Old?

Post by Rising Dead Man » Tue May 06, 2008 6:59 pm

I Think at 17 or 18 your too old.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Re:

Post by Andybev01 » Tue May 06, 2008 7:06 pm

EvilMel wrote:I really don't care how old someone is, but if they aren't in costume...no candy. I trick-or-treated til I was like 19, hah hah. But at least I wore a costume.

We had these older kids come by my friend's house last year who weren't even in cosume!!
I voted before I read down through the thread, so I now change my vote to 'gotta have a costume'.

Who cares how old a person is; the treat is for showing spirit...or being one.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:42 pm

I think 12 is a good age to stop... that's about when you start getting dirty looks from folks. My and my husband's rule is "if you're dressed up, you get candy". Halloween is for everyone. Besides, you know the parents are just going to go home and eat their kids' candy anyway...

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:25 am

Hello Everyone,
I have a 18 year old who gets a big kick out of Trick or Treating, she look like shes 12, even when she is not in costume. Last year she took out my 12 yar old ou trick or treating & everyone thought the 12 year old was the 18 year old & the 18 year old was 12. They have so much fun together!!! So I don't think it maters how old you are as long as you have fun doing it & it doesn't interfer with the younger kids. Witchy