Themes??

Let's discuss ideas and tips for decorating for Christmas

Themes??

Postby BlkAsH on Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:40 am

Do you have a theme each year for your x-mas decorations or even just your x-mas tree? How about just a specific color palette?
.:~* ... 'Tis The Season To Be Jolly ... *~:.
BlkAsH

Postby GreenElf on Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:31 pm

Hi BlkAsh, I don't have any specific color palatte or anything, I am more of a patch quilt tacky mismatching type of decorator when it comes to Christmas but I do have a few aunts that have like the totally perfectly coordinated Christmas trees that look like they would be out of a magazine spread. I admire anyone who takes that much time and effort to do that and I suppose it is a way for someone to show their artistic side and passion for a holiday... be yeah me I am more of a retro tinsel, shiny, homemade/store bought decorator... Whenever I get some of my stuff up I will have to post some pictures.
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby MHooch on Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:02 am

Well, I don't know if it's a THEME exactly, but we have been collecting Hallmark's Star Trek ornaments for quite a few years now, and we have almost enough to do the whole tree!
"Making Christmas, Making Christmas....."
MHooch

Postby GreenElf on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:18 am

cool that must be neat. I was really into the Next Generation Star Trek when I was younger... yeah I like them all but the Next Generation crew is my fave.
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby BlkAsH on Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:45 pm

A Trekkie - I don't think I would have thought that of you MHooch. :) Learn something new every day. I don't really have any specific theme in mind this year for my tree but as I have said elsewhere my roommate hates x-mas due to a bad childhood. Last year I had a small 4ft. artifical tree done in purple and silver with decorations that were snowflakes, snowmen, and such on it. More of a "winter tree" so as not to upset her too much. I'm thinking maybe this year to do something similar but go more for the nature look with things like birds, berries (for garland), etc. Any suggestions for other ideas that wouldn't be overly Christmas-ie?
.:~* ... 'Tis The Season To Be Jolly ... *~:.
BlkAsH

Postby littledollclaudia on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:07 am

If you are into either Victorian or country, I saw some great trees for you. The Victorian one is decorated in ribbons and glass balls ( a little on the pastel side, but you could change it to your fav. colors) and the country one has boots, sleds, bears, birdhouses, even a cowboy Santa! One year I made my tree all snowflakey and snowmen without any Santa type ornaments at all. It looked very pretty with blue lights and a snowflake/snowman tree skirt. How about a my favorite things tree? Yes, I know it's a recurring theme of mine, but the both of you could make crafts and place them on the tree. If your roommate paints, maybe they could make some of those ornaments they sell at Michael's. Heck, even a nautical tree with sailboats and seagulls. Or go the extra mile and make it a pirate tree. :wink:
~On the 13th day of Christmas, my ghoul love gave to me...~
littledollclaudia

Postby Winnie Sanderson on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:40 pm

Well our home is very rustic. I love black bears so our theme really is outdoorsy/rustic/traditional. Does any of that make sense? :D
Winnie Sanderson

Postby GreenElf on Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:32 am

Not sure where to put this but for all those big Halloweeners here are a few cool Halloween Xmas tree decorations I found:

I got it from the website

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h ... D%26sa%3DN
GreenElf

Postby EvilMel on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:28 pm

We don't have a theme but we now have quite a few horror movie Christmas ornaments...like 15 or so. Pretty dang cool to me.
EvilMel

Postby Winnie Sanderson on Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:35 pm

I always put my halloween ornaments on the tree...my family think I am crazy.....
Winnie Sanderson

Postby Christmas-Lover on Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:44 am

No I dont have a sceme i like to keep it tradition i still use the 1s from when i was a baby they still have my teeth marks!

:D
Christmas-Lover

Postby merrychristmas on Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:48 am

I have a blue Christmas that makes me very happy. :lol: When I was growing up we always had a blue and silver decorated tree. I always thought it was so pretty even though those aren't traditional Christmas colours. My mom is 70 now and hasn't had a full size tree for a few years so gave me all her lights and ornaments. Over the years I have bought my own blue and silver so decorate my living room tree in those colours. For my recroom I have a small tree that is covered in cat Christmas ornaments. I have two wreaths that I hang and for those I use Hallmark snowman/snowlady ornaments. I have white, silver and blue snowflake bows that I hang on each corner of the doors and windows, have white with blue snowflakes dishes, blue with white snowflake glasses and blue, silver and white snowflake tablecloths! The more blue the happier I am! :lol:
merrychristmas

Postby santacla on Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:53 pm

MHooch wrote:Well, I don't know if it's a THEME exactly, but we have been collecting Hallmark's Star Trek ornaments for quite a few years now, and we have almost enough to do the whole tree!

That is pretty cool! I haven't done it, but I'm sure it would be quite something else!
santacla
Site Admin

Postby Snowflake on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:46 pm

This year I chose silver, white, & blue for my little tree. The colors are in the form of bells, mini bow, lights, and a snowflake. I think it looks pretty good, I haven't ever had a theme before :)
It's the most wonderful time of the year
Snowflake

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:02 pm

For my regular Christmas tree, I just like to have a mish mosh of ornaments and colors. I like a lot of color.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Next

Return to Holiday Decoration