THINGS DON'T SEEM THE SAME

Discussion of general Halloween topics
JACKRYAN592
Haunt Master

THINGS DON'T SEEM THE SAME

Post by JACKRYAN592 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:26 pm

WHEN I WAS A KID, YOU WENT OUT AND GOT AS MUCH CANDY AND GOODIES AS YOU COULD CARRY. THESE DAYS, KIDS SEEM LAZY, THEY WOULD RATHER WATCH TV OR BE ON THE COMPUTER. I THINK US CHILDREN OF THE 60'S, 70'S AND 80'S CARED MUCH MORE FOR HALLOWEEN. THATS WHY WE ARE HERE ON THIS FORUM NOW!!!

thislazylife
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by thislazylife » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:58 pm

And it seems we went later, too. My last TOTer came at about 8 o'clock.
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:44 pm

I remember you could keep trick or treating until 11 o'clock or maybe longer if you felt like it.

This time around, the last ones came I think around 10.

Every group was great. It looked like everyone was having lots of fun. And at one point I went outside and just LISTENED...and I heard the sounds of trick-or-treaters for the first time in maybe 20 years!

I don't know why I enjoy it so much, maybe it was just so much fun to do when I was a kid.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:07 am

I spent a lot of time outside this year, too, and it was great to hear the laughter of the children as they went up and down the street. We had some really great costumes, a whole family came by dressed in Star Wars theme: the dad was the Jedi master, mom was Princess Leia, the little boy was Darth Vader, and the little girl was Padme, they were so great, we had them step inside so all our guests could see them, and we gave them a round of applause! It was such a fabulous spontaneous Halloween moment!!! Warmed the cockles of me heart...

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:15 am

It was a school night, so we had everything down by nine. Gal Pal and daughter were actaully UPSET at the thought of kids being out past that time...in my scummy neck of the town, the kids were out later then in the daughters better part of town, and she couldn't figure out why...I quoted Wilde's line about having to keep the slaves amused..she smiled at the reference..
But you'll be happy to know the kids were running around with full pillow cases, and the grand daughter went out for two shopping bags of treats..the pillow cases would have been too heavy..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:53 am

the kids stopped coming around 8 here, but that's coz of curfew. we actually had police ride around saying TOT is over (i think it being a school night had something to do w/ it. i remember on the weekends it was 10, but you had to be w/ a parent. don't wanna take chances). it didn't bother me coz the daughter doesn't have the energy yet to stay out late. the only thing that did bother me was the older kids (about 9 and up) didn't even bother w/ a costume. they just came w/ plastic bags and held them out. didn't even say trick or treat. next yr the rule's gonna be no costume, no candy :twisted:
trick or treat