Hell room theme

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
VampGirl747
Ghost

Hell room theme

Post by VampGirl747 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:14 pm

Last year we had a black hole kinda theme for our front room, the largest room in our house, so we put up cheap black garbage bags and taped them to all the walls. This year we want the room theme to be like hell, flames and stuff. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas of how we could pull it off. We already have all fans with orange and red streamers, we were kinda leaning towards doing the garbage bag thing again but with white bags and paint flames on them and use red light bulbs in all of the scary lamps we have. Any other ideas would be helpful. Thanks!!!

skullychick
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by skullychick » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:57 am

Definately have smoke machines goin, & as far as making it look sweet have like some skeleton dudes chained to like chairs and junk, with their eyes glowing somehow, I dunno, your on the right path though. :twisted:
When there's no more room in Hell,thedeadwill walk the Earth.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:37 am

Yeah and the fof machines are really inexpensive now days. We got a couple for my parents backyard when they had a big Halloween party last year, it's a great effect. You also can play some scary music or sound effects of people crying out in pain. That well help sell the mood of tortured souls in hell. And if you are a good artist, maybe you can draw some demons on cardboard, paint them and hang them throughout the house. Good luck!

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

PROJECT FIRE!!!!!

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:27 pm

I have a Cool effect for that it will project Flames on the walls or through Smoke/Fog it's a Projection. Click The Link below to see the Light effect Below

http://www.starmgc.com/fireburst.html
Lighting and sound tech for
Mobile Sets Stage Lighting & FX

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:23 am

strobe lights, one black light, one normal light would also work well..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

Troynotown
Ghost

Post by Troynotown » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:32 pm

From the Disney Pirates of the Caribean ride, buy some silver mylar fabric, place orange lights behind it and blow with small fans. It will look like flames!

Good Luck

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper

Post by BlkAsH » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:46 pm

A few years ago for a large group I belonged to I agreed to throw a Halloween Party. I themed it Heaven, Hell, & Purgatory. We split up the rooms (which worked out to two each) into each area respectively. For the Hell room I actually built two 6 & 1/2 foot columns as the “entrance way” into Hell’s rooms, which were connected to each other. I designed each of them with a large PVC drainage pipe base, chicken wire for further bulk, paper mache, and then various fake bones, skulls, snakes, etc. I then used expansion foam to fill in and further hold the bones, skulls, etc. and to give it a creepy texture. After allowing everything to dry I taped off the best I could the bones and other bits and sprayed the foam and paper mache a combo of gray, black, and silver to make it look charred and melted. I untapped the bones and such and then hand panted them an yellowed-off white and other colors to make them pop out a bit more from the darker background of the charred looking foam. For the finishing touch I created a top and bottom base out of wood for the columns and painted them solid black and placed these finished columns on either side of the doorway. Between the two and over the door way I strung some red x-mas lights, some dead looking garland, and a sign that said “Abandon All Hope”. If I can find the CD that has the pictures of the columns and such I’ll post it if anyone is interested. It really helped to set the mood for the rooms and everyone loved them. All and all I think it probably cost around $100 or so for both columns to be made and was well worth it for the impact and you can store them if you have room to and re-use them from year to year.

Some other ideas I used in my decorating was to get several of the little fire cauldrons and torches that are on the market and have them around the room. I also strung up red x-mas lights around the top of the ceiling and across the ceiling itself. I also had a smoke machine in the larger of the two rooms, and a red rotating light in the smaller one tucked under a chair in a corner. Something else I also did was in each section I had a “sound track” themed for each area. For example I included songs like Hells Bells, Burning Ring Of Fire, Fire Woman, etc. intermixed with small wav or mp3 files of fire noises, or torture sounds for Hell. Maybe some of these ideas will help spark your imagination.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:17 am

I don't know how much money you're willing to spend but there is a display at http://www.shindigz.com that may work. Flames, demon gates, etc. You may have to call to find out what items are available.
Here is a direct link:
http://www.shindigz.com/catalog.cfm?caid=685349
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry