Trick or Treating

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Trick or Treating

Post by Spooky » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:38 am

We had a blast last night, because the weather was perfect. My son said "I love Halloween"! His mask scared a few smaller kids. He filled his bag with candy in 1 hour. So, that was pretty cool.

The only thing that kind of irritated me...was alot of people sat baskets of candy out, and they were sitting right there, there was this one couple making out on the front porch, and we thought...geez-we wouldn't want to disturb ya to hand our kid a piece of candy....

but, over all there seemed to be more people that had their porch lights on and who were getting in to the swing of things.

We only got 3 trick or treaters....The 2 older girls that we got, have been here to our Halloween party...I heard them telling someone what they got at our house...I gave them a can of Sunkist pop, a Bag of Chips, 2 candy bars, and Halloween Tattoos. I had some party stuff left- but not much.

It is all over now....Boo Hoo.

November is here. :(

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:49 am

I agree with you Spooky. Boo Hoo is right!

I don't know why but this year I am more sad than ever to see Halloween go. Previously we didn't have a house to decorate for Halloween (just pumpkins) so now that I see all the decorations that I have to take down...it's a bit more sad for me.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:54 am

the weather was beautiful last night
i npticed too that some people were just lazy, having a bowl of candy on the floor and them just sitting there. no effort at all. there were actually a couple of houses that had the lights on and people outside, but they had the nerve to say they're not celebrating halloween and have nothing to hand out. THEN GET IN THE DAMN HOUSE AND TURN THE LIGHTS OFF.
hehehehhee :twisted:
trick or treat

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:58 am

Yeah I have a bit of the blues myself today. I know home right now it still looks all Halloweeny but tonight I will have to start taking a few things down. I know some people say they leave it up alot longer but for me if I leave my decorations up too long my blues seem to stay even longer. This way when I take them down (except for a few that I actually do leave up) I can enjoy my anticipation of next September and welcoming my Halloween treasures back into my home on display...

As for last night it was a beautiful evening. By 5:30 it was dark and my son and I hit the streets. My daughter went with her friends for the first year ever so I was a bit bummed about that but she is of age and I remember loving that when I was her age. Anyway my son and I were out for almost 2 hours. We did great. He did get lots and lots of treats and I always make sure we go on one of the old streets that has the street full of giant victorian houses that look spooky and dark but hey thats HAlloween. We had our little puppy Frankie with us and he was enjoying his first HAlloween. By the end of the route our feet were tired and the bags were full. I always love dumping the bags and sorting through the candy getting rid of things that may be dangerous and things with Peanuts as we're allergic and it turned out to be a great evening... It is sad its over for this year but it was a great time and I will have to sit on the edge of my seat waiting until next year... Happy Halloween Everybody!
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:26 am

"Well...another Halloween has come and gone!"

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:13 am

I saw people that had their porch lights on too but nobody was home, and I thought the same thing...turn the light off...my kid could barely see through his eye holes in his mask, so I was waiting to catch him everytime he turned around from walking up a huge flight of steps, to get there and nobody be there.

Plus, he had these creepy finger nail things on each one of his fingers, so he had a hard time picking candy out of a bowl...what bugged me was people that were home, and they put a bowl out cause they just didn't want to go to the door.

And people bugged me that never said 1 word, they gave out candy...but we say Happy Halloween to everyone, and Thank you and have a nice evening, and some people just shut the door on you after they fling ya out a piece of candy.

But over all....most people were very cool about it, it's just those ones that act like jerks about it...they rub me the wrong way...because I think...how can you hate Halloween?