Christmas Tree or Holiday Tree?

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Christmas Tree or Holiday Tree?

Postby gameshowguy2000 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:08 pm

OK, we've all seen those news stories, on whether we call our popular decorated evergreens "Christmas Trees" or "Holiday Trees".

Some people have said that the holiday is Christmas, it should be called a Christmas tree.

Others have said that the issue has gone way too far, and, regardless of what their beliefs are have called their evergreens "Christmas Trees" and/or "Holiday Trees." Some even said they don't care if someone uses "Merry Christmas" and/or "Happy Holidays" when being greeted.

My opinion is neutral on this one. I've mostly called my tree a Christmas tree, and have yet to call it a Holiday tree.

What's your opinion? I mean, let's face it, the Holiday Season is about at least THREE holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's; those who celebrate Kwanzaa and Hannukah can make it 5).
"Who would imagine, who could imagine, who would imagine a king?"-Whitney Houston, The Preacher's Wife, 1996

gameshowguy2000

Re: Christmas Tree or Holiday Tree?

Postby kentlydee on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:47 am

Well here, we don't celebrate thanksgiving only Christmas and New Year. So probably I'll go for Christmas tree not only because of that, but because Christmas tree symbolizes the essence of Christmas.
Real or Artificial Christmas Tree, Either way, they can both bring happiness and joy on Christmas day.
kentlydee

Re: Christmas Tree or Holiday Tree?

Postby airhead on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:04 pm

[color=#FF0000Christmas tree.[/color]
airhead

Return to Christmas Thoughts