Haddonfield Illinois

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Haunter
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Haddonfield Illinois

Post by Haunter » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:59 am

Hi all, I was curious if anyone has ever been uo to Haddonfiled Ill? I'm wondering how Halloween is up there and if it is spooky. Ive been looking for a haunted house up there to go to. I think it would be cool to be in the same town Mr. Myers was running around just to chekc it our. Let me know what you think...
All alone in the woods with nothing but the smell of smoke from the camp fire, cracking leaves as you walk and seeing your breath from the cold crisp air. Halloween is my favorite time of the year!

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:38 pm

Hey there!! Just to let you know-Haddonfiled, Illinois is a fictious place made up for the movie Halloween. The name of the city is where one of the directors/writers Debra Hill grew up (I believe in CA). That is where the name came from, so there is no actual Haddonfield. The movie was filmed outside of LA. If you look at one of the scenes where the girls are walking home from school, you can see palm trees in the background. HTH :)

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:16 pm

Actually didn't it say on the DVD commentary or something that it was filmed in Cali but the name was from Haddenfield NJ??

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:37 pm

Yep-thats right~ NJ-I think MHooch is from around that area?

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:50 pm

Hi everyone! I just found this site today and I am sooooo excited! I finally found people who love halloween as much as I do.

I grew up a few towns over from Haddonfield NJ. NJ is so small it was a 10 minute drive for me to get there. I don't remember anything spooky about haddonfield though. It is a very affluent town or at least it was back when I lived in NJ.

Haunter
Crypt Keeper

Post by Haunter » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:57 pm

Thanks for the info on Haddonfield, I feel stupid now. Looks like I didn't do enough research. It would be cool to go to a town where they make halloween a big deal thru out the month of October. I wish there were more people into halloween. It would make it so much more fun. This forum is great, im new to it as well. Just curious, How much chatting goes on after Halloween? Is this still a good site to go to year round?
All alone in the woods with nothing but the smell of smoke from the camp fire, cracking leaves as you walk and seeing your breath from the cold crisp air. Halloween is my favorite time of the year!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:01 am

Winnie...where did you grow up in NJ? I went to Freehold high school, lived in a little town called Morganville. Small world, huh? I remember Haddonfiled as kind of a ritzy place, too. Welcome to the board, you'll love it here! :D

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:57 am

Haunter wrote:Thanks for the info on Haddonfield, I feel stupid now. Looks like I didn't do enough research. It would be cool to go to a town where they make halloween a big deal thru out the month of October. I wish there were more people into halloween. It would make it so much more fun. This forum is great, im new to it as well. Just curious, How much chatting goes on after Halloween? Is this still a good site to go to year round?

Haunter you have no reason to feel stupid! There is a town that makes a BIG deal out of halloween. SALEM! LOL I went there for halloween several years ago and It was the BEST time I ever had!

MHooch I grew up in Collingswood. I have soooo many fond memories of halloween as a child. I just hate that it won't be the same for my son now. Society has changed so much! I am so glad I found this site. I moved to the south about 6 years ago and halloween is not celebrated as much as I would like here. Everyone is scared of it! I say halloween is what YOU make of it. I am NOT worshipping the devil or sacrificing small babies LOL I celebrate halloween as a day (wish it was a week!) for dressing up, playing games, trick or treating, decorating my house and having great food!!!! That's all nothing evil. People are crazy in the bible belt!
Last edited by Winnie Sanderson on Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:03 pm

Amen, Winnie, it's a lot different in VA than it was in NJ. I've been living here for over thirty years, and you'd think I'd get used to it! LOL :lol: There are perks, though, slower pace, beautiful countryside and mountains... :D

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:01 am

you never know there is a crystal lake in conn. and the town that friday the 13th part 1 is is conn.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:28 pm

There is also a crystal lake in NJ...hhhmmmmmm

How cool and horribly scary would it be to camp at crystal lake? LOL :shock:

Haunter
Crypt Keeper

Post by Haunter » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:57 pm

We also have a Crystal Lake in Kentucky as well.

Thanks everyone for the info and facts about the Halloween movies. I watched the first two last night with a group of family and friends. Those are movies that never gets old to me.

jls1znv9999
Ghost

Post by jls1znv9999 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:19 pm

Actually there is a town that was started back in 98 before the release of Halloween H2O! Being that it's a new town i would have to say there wouldn't be any hauntings or actual facts based on the movie or the character of Michael Myers. I will enclose a link of information on the town. There is a few towns actually called Haddonfield. The one in Illinois was made out of publicity of the Series of movies!

link to Haddonfield, Illinois
http://members.aol.com/Fonzie/page.html