What is the BEST and WORST Treat you ever received?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
bbyboomer
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

What is the BEST and WORST Treat you ever received?

Post by bbyboomer » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:28 pm

A neighbor worked at a candy factory and they would give out BAGS of candy! We loved going there as we always knew we were going to a great surprise.

Many people would make homemade candy and so many of them tasted like soap. Our parents would make us go to their houses because they were neighbors. Then they would invite us inside and take up a lot of our Halloween trick or treating time. Boy, did we get antsy!

The handfuls of popcorn were definitely not one of our favorites either. All these children putting their hands in a popcorn bowl and throwing the loose popcorn in your bag...it was pretty yucky!

Spooky_Ollie
Zombie

Post by Spooky_Ollie » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:33 pm

Well, I have to say, my best was last year here in Macclesfield, when i recieved a plastic pot, full of homemade jelly, with lots of gummy things inside from my Best friends Grandma.

The worst, probably for me, was also last year, when i recieved one of those cheese things that you get from a supermarket (The one's that are like mini babybell that taste like rubber). :P
Halloween would be the best time of year for me, but you get lots of food at christmas, except for pumpkin.

Willow
Vampire

Post by Willow » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:54 pm

:) I remember when i used to go it used to be money mainly 2p 1p or 5p. occasionally i would get 50p or......... £1! of course a pound was like a fourtune when you are young.

Money was quite good we'd count it when i got home.
The sweets/candy i remember were wrapped toffees or hard candy.

Or a mini Mars Bar if i was lucky, to be honest i cant remember sweets much, money mainly!

When i look at what kids are going home with now, i think its fantastic people are really trying to give out nice things! its great.

Willow x

halloweengirl
Crypt Keeper

worst treats ever......

Post by halloweengirl » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:26 pm

well,you asked what was the worst treats anyone got?.....o.k....this one time(AT BAND CAMP..just kidding!!hahahah) when i was 8 yrs old i was given a warm glass of water...i mean ewww,i often wondered what was that person thinking?(too much meds maybe?)......then this other time my kids went to our local grocery store(in the small town we lived in) and got the shock of their lives.....the owner thought he would hand out weiners...of all things!!!!oh i tell you my kids were not impressed,my two oldest kids threw them back at the store and as if that wasn't a hint,then what was? :evil:
NIGHT FOLLOWS THE LONELY MOON,MORNING COMES EVER SO SOON. author halloweengirl.

kevin
Crypt Keeper

Post by kevin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:38 am

hot dogs? glass of water? Wait.. glass of water? How did that not spill and ruin the rest of your candy.. and if you were like me and used a paper grocery bag, rip a hole in your bag?

As a kid we used to get two and three bags of treats.. we did a ton of walking, blocks and blocks. My dad used to make us take big pillow cases, and go twice. Then, he'd sort all the candy, throw away anything that could be unwrapped. Somehow, I think he used to stash all the good stuff in the pile of "it can be unwrapped" so he would eat it, and we'd get what he didn't like! ;)

My favorite was going to this city, Hillsborough, it's like the 3rd richest place to live in the world based on size/population/cost of land. One house used to hand out $5 bills. What I realized the other day though, is it's about a 2 minute walk between homes there, so you really don't make out much, as most kids can only hit about 20 to 30 homes before it's time to go.

Glass of water? WTF? You should have given him back a warm glass of pee, tell him it was mountain dew.. have a sip. Wow.. that one takes the cake.

Boo
Master Reaper

Post by Boo » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:08 am

My best and worst kind of go together.

1 year my friends and I visited a big old house on the outskirts of town, it was especially notable becuase of the expensive cars parked in the grounds. We rang the doorbell and the man who answered appeared delighted with out costumes and gave us each a couple of thousand Italian lire

We thought we had hit the big time and gave up our Halloween trick-or-treat early to go home and celebrate this enormous haul of loot.
You can imagine my dismay when my father explained that the amount I had been given would probably be enough to buy a chocolate bar, but after bank fees there would be nothing left anyway!
Last edited by Boo on Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The steeples are white in the wild moonlight,
And the trees have a silver glare;
Past the chimneys high see the vampires fly,
And the harpies of upper air,
That flutter and laugh and stare.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:01 am

don't really remembre what my best treat would be, but the worst was definitely a couple of pennies. it wouldn't have been so bad if more houses gave pennies also, but when you only get 2 you're thinking 'what the hell am i gonna do w/ this'
trick or treat

xroses.are.redx
Ghost

Post by xroses.are.redx » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:51 pm

Hmm...
Well trick-or-treating in a small town is much better than going in a city, you get much more candy. I grew up in a small town so, this one year my friend and i went and there was this one house that everyone loved. The guy would hand you a paper bag FULL of candy. =]

The worst thing i ever got on Haloween must have been when i went to a house and got a mint. Yes, a mint. A mint from a cassino at that.

Like really... who wants a mint?

xroses.are.redx
Ghost

Post by xroses.are.redx » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:54 pm

Oooh... Ive got to change my answer

I just went trick-or-treating the other day with all my friends and the official worst treat ive ever been given is (drum roll please)

a pencil.

Not even with a Halloween design on it or anything. Just a pencil.

Pencils are for school.. not Halloween lol

Im out love you all =]

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:28 pm

Great stories. These are those things you remember...some of these things may have been lame Halloween treats but they make for funny nostalgic memories.

Man, last night was pretty silly. They cleaned us out of all the candy and we had to dismantle the decorations and give those out. I had some plastic rats in the car (some glow in the dark!) and some little plastic skeletons, we threw whatever seemed appropriate into a pile and the last trick or treaters each got one thing. The last kid (who I think was a ballerina princess or something) got a big plastic skull. Boy, she looked really confused by that! We said "Happy Halloween" but she didn't say anything, just stared at the skull. Had to just close the door. Well, that was Halloween!

Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Post by Bafa » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:45 am

Bad: Pencil, Toothbrush, christian literature (their hearts were in the right place, but at 8 years old I couldn't have cared less) I didn't grip about any of them. Even at that young age I was think at least they trhought to have something to give, even if it wasn't what I wanted at least they were taking trick or treaters.

Worst: Pennies...
now that one I felt like they were just tossing something they had laying around so that may be the worst on my list. If at least they had gone to the bank to get shiney new pennies... but these were peeled of the bottoms of shoes and dug out of ash tray looking pennies... contaminating my candy.

Favorites: Popcorn caramel ball. It was like the size of a softball and was just a big yummy chewy ball of goodness. I still love caramel. Any large full sized name brand candy bar, Dollar bills, shiney hard red candied apples. Rollos, sugar babies.

Best: Sugar Daddies

DevilWoman
Ghost

Post by DevilWoman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:18 am

Best..Popcorn balls...homemade and wrapped in waxed paper and tied with a orange piece of ribbon. It was so good I thought I died and went to heaven..until my mother caught me eating it and took it away..because .."someone could have poisoned you!!" I always thought she took it and ate it herself after I got put to bed truthfully lol

The worst..I little card telling me God loved me. In my warped little mind I thought it meant I was bad and it really bugged me for a long time that someone would think that I was a bad kid..sad huh??