Cranberry Sauce

Postby Snow-flake on Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:19 am

An easy way to dress up cranberry sauce is to add some mandarin oranges and some chopped pecans.

I love Cranberry Sauce!
Snow-flake

Postby GreenElf on Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:40 am

I go Cranberry picking back in the woods every fall. IT is cold, wet but relaxing. This year there was 12 of us. We go in on 4 wheelers and in trucks...(it is fun for the kids as we sit on the back of the trucks and of course driving very slowly on the old log roads it is just an amazing site to see the leaves changing and the birds flying. We brought back food like in previous years but this year we brought things (veggies & salt meat) to make a boiled dinner... Yum. It was perfect for the day we went in on. we walk through the marshes with our baskets and bowls for about an hour and a half then come back make a campfire and spent another hour and a half or some making our feast! The kids roast marshmellows and the smell of the fire is so fantastic. on a strange note though personally I don't care for Cranberry sauce but I do love cranberry juice and making cranberry wine..... Can't wait till next cranberry adventure!
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby EvilMel on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:37 am

Here's mine...I take a package of cranberries, weed out all the bad ones, grind it up coarse in the food processor, coarsely grind up a mostly peeled orange in the food processor (cut off ends), coarsely grind up a medium sized can of pineapple and an apple in the food processor (all separately mind you). Then mix all this together with a little sugar and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. You can also add a bit of cinnamon if you like that kind of thing.

I have people who make me bring this to holiday events at this time of the year. They seem to really love it.

Basically it's just the recipe off the back of the cranberry package, with less sugar added, plus pineapple and apple.

I've never added nuts to it though...that sounds awesome.
EvilMel

Postby Snow-flake on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:10 pm

GreenElf-I don't know where you live, but that sounds really fun.

EvilMel-that's a yummy sounding recipe. I might have to try that one.

I make a cranberry vinagrette salad dressing with fresh cranberries that you blend in the blender, and it is my all time favorite salad dressing.

It has apple juice concentrate in it, it is really good.
Snow-flake

Postby GreenElf on Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:06 pm

Well Snow-Flake I live in Nova Scotia Canada and we track back in New France on old Irving logging roads... We camp back there in the summer too as there are a ton of lakes and nice hideaways if you don't mind roughing it....
GreenElf

Postby Snow-flake on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:00 pm

I met another person from Nova Scotia from another website.

It sounds beautiful there.

I have looked at Bed N Breakfast places in Nova Scotia. (Cause I own one-I mentioned that on the Halloween website)....but..one of my other favorite websites is:

http://www.bbonline.com

and you can look at Inns in Nova Scotia. I like looking at the ones that are for sale.

There's a recipe section on there, that I have got alot of good recipes from...you should check it out.

I love stringing popcorn and cranberries.

I Love cranberry orange nut muffins-those are my favs.
Snow-flake

Postby GreenElf on Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:29 pm

Well Snow-flake if you are refering to the Nova Scotian on Halloween.com it is me Pennywise11! I too just picked a more festive name when I enrolled. Yes there a lot of B&B's here. Many of htem are on the ocean front or very close by. Nova Scotia has a pretty good tourist turn out but I believe it was a bit downt his year due to gas prices... I think where i was born and brought up is beautiful. I had moved away for a number of years but recently returned and can say that I appreciate it so much more as a adult then when I was a teenager dying to run away on some crazy adventure...
GreenElf

Postby Snow-flake on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:25 pm

Wow...that was a shocker to find out your "alter-ego", but the person I was talking about being from Nova Scotia...is a guy, and he's from an 80's website that I belong to. I think it would be an awesome place to go visit. :D :D
Snow-flake

Postby Buddy the Elf on Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:39 pm

i like the sauce in the can, call me old fashioned.
Gnomes Drank too much and trolls arient toilet trained.
Buddy the Elf

Return to Thanksgiving