Fun costume ideas!!

Chat about your costumes
tabbathehutt
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Fun costume ideas!!

Post by tabbathehutt » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:35 pm

Hi everyone!! So every year I start thinking about Halloween costumes around this time. My mom and I both sew, so I am able to make my own get up every year. I always like my costumes to be rather specific, so no witches or vampires or anything like that for me. However, I've lately taken to portraying characters from movies or television. For the last few years I was Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction (complete with syringe sticking out of my chest), Margot Tennenbaum, Luke Skywalker, then last year I was Animal from the Muppet Show. So this year I don't want to be anything from film or television, but I still want a creative costume idea. My old roommate is going as the "gold tooth fairy" so she'll wear a gold dress and find a fake gold grill for her teeth, etc. Does anyone have any creative ideas for me? So far the best I've come up with is a zombie prom queen. Not terribly inspired but I think I could make it funny. Any other suggestions? Or at least, what are the rest of you dressing as?

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:21 am

Well, number one son and I are dressing as mad scientists again as we host our yearly fun stuff..sort of a family tradition..we have lab coats with this 3-D GUNK on the front in blue, green, and yellow..(gelatin that hardened..) My mask looks like a green dissolving face, sort of like a melting cheese with pop eyes. His looks like a lizard and an owl mixed together with this murderous grin..when we bought it, we were stopped at the light beside this frat house in town. The guys were so zonked they didn't see anything out of the ordinary when my son waved wearing his mask..they just waved back..totally toasted.
If you wanna play it safe, go as a pirate queen. Don't know how well "My Super Ex Girlfriend" did where you are, otherwise you could go as G-Girl/Uma Thurman, but that could lead to you being mistaken for Sailor Moon/Jailbait.
Zombie Prom Queen holds promise, but you might wanna try maybe Zombie Jayne Mansfield, (white dress, hold head under your arm) or Zombie Jessica Simpson..(I know, I know...it's like wondering if a fish knows it's swimming, or if the guy who wrote Angela's Ashes would KNOW he was depressed..) Fat Suit/Lipo Suction Janet Jackson might be good if it's cold that night..(leave the ring covered, right???) Flesh Eating Hillary Duff would spark interest, but would it stand out enough from the headlines??? Madonna as Dorian Gray would be cool, but you would have to lug that mirror around....shouldn't make snide remarks, she's six months older then me...and I think she could kick my can..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

tabbathehutt
Zombie

Post by tabbathehutt » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:15 am

I like your mad scientist costumes, those sound really cool. And that's HILARIOUS that those guys didn't react to your son's costume. I haven't seen "My Super Ex Girlfriend" but again, I kind of want to avoid dressing as a character from a movie this year. Zombie Jayne Mansfield sounds like a fun costume too. Madonna as Dorian Gray is a pretty funny suggestion, but on the big night I'm going to be with a bunch of drunken kids in their early-mid twenties. Something tells me I'd spend more time explaining the costume than anything. :)

So we went to the costume shop last night for inspiration and they had these BEAUTIFUL masquerade masks, so now I'm quite smitten with the idea of using one of those. They were in a style of ones from around the 18th century I THINK, so I'm trying to come up with something unique to do with that, otherwise I may just go as a masquerader. Although, if I do that I'll need to sew a really ambitious dress... hmm

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:22 pm

Get your friend and YOU go as what's-her-face in PHANTOM OF THE OPERA...Christine, that's it.. and they go as Lon Chaney. You get to wear the beautiful ball gown and mask, just like Mary Philbin in the silent classic, and they get to scare the <deleted> out of the unsuspecting AND wear a cool old tux.
Not a bad night.

tabbathehutt
Zombie

Post by tabbathehutt » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:05 pm

Well that sounds pretty fun... good idea! :) Thanks.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:08 pm

you two can be big bird.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:59 pm

One of you dress as a hippie with a large peace sign around your neck, the other as a mime...peace and quiet, get it? :lol:

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:33 pm

oh, that's bad...quick pappy, get the Jack Chick tracts. That'll learn 'em..

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:25 pm

I thought of another one, you dress as a big heart, wear handcuffs, and your partner dresses as a cop...cardiac arrest! :lol: (I've got a million of 'em!)

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:48 pm

I'm thinking about dead Cinderella. The usual ripped up ballgown/tiara/dead makeup, and I'm going to carry a fake rotten pumpkin with dead mice hanging off of it. Maybe I can convince the boyf to be dead Prince Charming, with a glass slipper lodged in his head.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:31 am

You could always be a dead flight attendant. Complete with stumpy arm. I had a brother-in-law who just cut three holes in a trash bag and pulled it on over his clothes. Yep, you got it. WHITE TRASH.. Or my favorite, never fails to get a laugh. Dress as yourself and when people ask what you're supposed to be say "I'm a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else.' Thank you Wednesday Addams.

Actually, last year I had the best costume. I did have to explain it but only for people who hadn't seen the movies I was paying tribute to. I wore my hair in two braids, a short black dress with a white collar, put some soot in a cross on my forehead and carried a toy shotgun on my back with a toy chainsaw in my hand. I was.. ASH WEDNESDAY!!! I figured the soot on my forehead would help if the gun and chainsaw didn't. Love that costume and it's so easy.

Good luck with finding something fun this year. You are more than welcome to use my ASH WEDNESDAY idea if you like. That's what Halloween is all about. Sharing ideas and having a good time, right?
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

tabbathehutt
Zombie

Post by tabbathehutt » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:12 pm

Oh man, the Ash Wednesday is a cute idea. :) I also love the Dead Prince Charming with a glass slipper lodged into his head. Very funny.

So here's what we're planning so far. Me, my brother, and my sister-in-law are going to be Film Noir characters. My brother is going to be the detective with a fedora and overcoat and all, my sister-in-law is going to be the "vixen" or "vile temptress" as I like to refer to the role. So she'll be the Mary Astor (maltese falcon)/Barbara Stanwyck (double indemnity) type woman. We even found a garter belt with a tiny gun holster that we may buy her. And I'm going to be the villain. I'm going to try finding an all black three piece suit, I got a little pencil moustache, and a fancy black cane, oh and a black fedora. We also bought toy pistols for my brother and I (they shoot those little caps, so we can actually play with them if we want). I had originally wanted to have us all dress in black and white and paint our faces grey, but my brother and his wife vetoed that idea, they thought it'd feel really gross all night, and they're probably right. It would've been awfully cool though...

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm

One year I was Lizzie Bordon - got some old looking clothes from the thrift store, wore my hair in a victorian style, splattered fake blood all over my blouse and face and carried a homemade axe with blood on it too. Another year I was a "Cereal Killer" - I bought a snack pack of cereal (little boxes) and stabbed them with cocktail knives, added a little fake blood and attached the boxes to a black sweatshirt - wore combat pants and work boots, messed up my hair and made my face look scary (not hard). I'm stumped this year. I was thinking of a zombie cheerleader.
Don't drink and fly...

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:09 am

tabbathehutt...I absolutely LOVE the noir characters idea!! Sounds like you have all the right elements to nail that style. Good job! :D

tabbathehutt
Zombie

Post by tabbathehutt » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:54 pm

MHooch- thanks! :) LawP: I love the Lizzie Bordon idea! :)