i'm just not feeling halloween this year.....

Discussion of general Halloween topics
halloweengirl
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

i'm just not feeling halloween this year.....

Post by halloweengirl » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:27 am

well,this is a first for me....writing down my feelings,just a bit depressed..aren't i supposed to be happy?thrilled? I mean october 31st is my birthday,i'll be 36 and I haven't done a single thing yet for halloween...what is wrong with me?I wonder if anyone can offer some friendly advice or something.. :(

Boo
Master Reaper

Hi

Post by Boo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:18 am

I thin the best thing to do if you're struggling to find the spirit is to blitz Halloween from Sunday to Tuesday. Don't try to force anything now, but do try to think of those things that made it a magical time for you as a child, and if possible try to put yourself in a similar situation.

Good luck
The steeples are white in the wild moonlight,
And the trees have a silver glare;
Past the chimneys high see the vampires fly,
And the harpies of upper air,
That flutter and laugh and stare.

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:35 am

I never had any trouble finding my Halloween spirit, but I guess if I were to lose it, I'd put on music that reminds me of Halloween, or even some haunted sound effects records.
Maybe get a pumpkin scented candle . . . or sleep a few nights in a coffin . . .
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

Boo
Master Reaper

Post by Boo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:51 am

you sleep in coffins?

Plenty of time for that when you're dead.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:33 am

Sorry to hear that you're feeling down, Halloweengirl. It's not too late to make it a special day, you still have lots of time to do whatever you like. How about watching a fun Halloween movie like "Hocus Pocus" or "A Nightmare Before Christmas"? It always gets me in the mood.

Sometimes when it's hard to get motivated, you just need a little support. Do you feel generally depressed? You may have S.A.D or "the winter blues", which hits me in November. A lot of people start to lose their momentum and their spirit when it gets colder and the days get shorter. I'm sure that walking through a leafy wood or park in the sunshine and the fresh air would really help you feel better, moreso if you can get a friend to go with you. Or spend some time with some animals, they have an amazing ability to make you forget about what's bothering you.

Big hugs! xxx

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:12 am

I am soooo sorry to hear you cant find your spirit this year. Sometimes when things get really busy or crazy I tend to get overwhelmed and dont even feel like putting in the effort of decoraitons etc. But I think watching a good classic movie is a good idea. Maybe even take after MHooch and take off a few days from work.

Do you have a little one at home? Or perhaps some nieces and nephews. if so you might want to have them join in on the fun...go to some local Halloween festivals etc. Or if you like Haunted houses try to fit one of those in. Maybe even posting around on the boards will help you get into the mood.

I am sure the spirit will hit you soon......until then Happy Haunting

Boo
Master Reaper

Post by Boo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:22 am

BOO!!

Did that work?

halloweengirl
Crypt Keeper

Post by halloweengirl » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:01 pm

:) hello...hello....thanks for the ideas...i am checking out alot of the posts and they are really"refreshing".Since i posted my woes,I am getting excited for halloween,with everyones words of encouragement i'm heading out to do some shopping....wish me luck!!!!....later :)
NIGHT FOLLOWS THE LONELY MOON,MORNING COMES EVER SO SOON. author halloweengirl.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:09 pm

Oh I am so glad you are starting to get into Halloween. I would hate to see it come and go before you really enjoyed it.

Yay

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:40 pm

Make yourself some hot cocoa, with a little bit of cinnamon, and instead of a marshmallow, float a ghost shaped marshmallow "peep" on top. Or go to starbucks and get a pumpkin spice latte and a pumpkin cheese cake muffin. Buy some spiderwebs and string it over everything that will sit still. Burn some cinnamon and caramel scented candles (yankee candles rock the house on this) and sit in the dark and watch some spooooooky movies! Wear a witch hat to the store to run your errands. Buy some cheapie dollar store jewelery and don't worry about it being tacky, just wear it all at once. There is no better place than to find your Halloween spirit than with this bunch on this board. We're like your friendly neighborhood Halloween supoprt group.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:04 am

Halloweengirl...here's hoping the spirit hits you...All my friends here have given good advice, I don't have much new to add, but remember we are thinking about you and wishing you Happy Haunting. (AND Happy Birthday, you lucky girl BORN on Halloween!!!)

Spooky_Ollie
Zombie

Post by Spooky_Ollie » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:57 pm

Well, congratulatons on being born on Halloween, Pumpkin Pie AND cake all in one day. How lucky for you.. I'm sad to hear you aren't feeling Halloween as much as you should. But, we are all here to try and help you as much as possible. Good luck. :) :D
Halloween would be the best time of year for me, but you get lots of food at christmas, except for pumpkin.

halloweengirl
Crypt Keeper

YAHOO,I FOUND MY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!

Post by halloweengirl » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:00 pm

:D :D :D thank-you..thank-you...thank-you,it means alot to me. :) well i was just thinking....yes...i will let halloween take over me,as it should..right?yep....tomorrow(monday) i will go out and do my shopping(which i was going to do a couple days ago..yikes!!)and go nuts on halloween stuff i so desperately need and spread the witches cheer!!!!!You know what friends?I've been reading alot of posts and I soooo feel halloween,it's like that rush you get when you are about to....feel...well get something you've been waiting for, if that makes any sense.Last year i dressed up as a cheerleader,then i changed my mind and decided to be a mom,hahahaha, :lol: ,really!!!Now this year I'm not sure as of yet what i'll be, hopefully i'll decide,any ideas?HAPPY HALLOWEEN :wink:
NIGHT FOLLOWS THE LONELY MOON,MORNING COMES EVER SO SOON. author halloweengirl.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:47 pm

Hey, HG!

Remmy, It's just like Halloween everyday!!! Dang it! I wish I was born on that date of Halloween!!

BTW, welcome to the Halloween.Com forum!! 8)

kevin
Crypt Keeper

Post by kevin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:00 am

HG, if you want to do something fun, grab some of those glue-on items, and paint your face up! There's a couple I really like. The one with 5 fingers coming out of your head.. that's pretty wild.... if your going to gore/scary. A couple more like that. Otherwise, a great costume is a witch... paint your face green, put on a long nose, some scars and what not, put some black outline, a good black pointy hat and black robe, and scare the bejesus out of some kids. :D I usually dress up as death or grim reapoer... white face with black outlined skeleton like sticthes and such, spray paint hair black, black robe/hood.. and hide. I then let some kids go by to our door, and sneak up behind them.. stand there, wait for them to turn around and scare them. I like to roll play a bit... I'll do that, then I'll sometimes stand near the front of our walkway, not moving... because everything is hidden and a lot of props are about 6' tall (I am 6'4"), many of the teens come up and look at me, "Is it real?", poke me and are like "ew..feels soft" then I roll my eyes at them, usually the girls are like "OMG.. it's eyes moved.." then I jump out at them and they go nuts, some run off. It's great!! This year with the ground fog, few more grave stones, thunder/lightning show, eerie music and purple lights I am hoping it will add to it some more.