Christmas Party

Santa Claus and Christmas themed events from around the world

Christmas Party

Postby GreenElf on Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:41 pm

Do you plan on having a Christmas/holiday party this year? I am thinking about having a kids holiday craft party but haven't narrowed any of the details down yet...

What about for your work. For myself of all the jobs I have had none of them have had a Christmas staff party. I know on TV shows/specials there are Christmas parties and get togethers but in my experience there really isn't a lot around... Any thoughts...
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby Dudley on Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:45 pm

The best Christmas party is the one we have the day or two before Christmas for our team. I serve up this great chop suey , the reciepe I got from a NYC restuarant, and we watch THE CONQUEROR, with John Wayne.

Seems TBS had this movie on one year on CHRISTMAS DAY. You have The Duke as Ghangis Khan, complete with yak wool mustache, and William Conrad (jake and the fatman, Cannon) as his Baby Brother...and Agnes Moorehead (Bewitched) as Mom. And Wayne is sayng things like;"My heart beats fast for the Tar/tar wu-man.." We were just killing ourselves with this thing, and it's become a yearly tradition.
Run run Rudolph, Santa's got to make it on time..
Dudley

Postby GreenElf on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:59 pm

LOL yeah that would crack me up too...hmmm chop suey would taste soooo good right now...
It's a beaut Clark, it's a beaut!
GreenElf

Postby MHooch on Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:39 pm

Well, our workplace Christmas party is one of the things that got turned into a "Holiday" party :?
MHooch

Postby littledollclaudia on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:23 am

My boss is about as nuts about Christmas as I am about Halloween. He waits all year to have the Christmas party. There is catered food, dancing, and a psuedo talent show. Yes, your very own Claudia has to sing karaoke. It is all pretty fun and then they give out presents and awards for employees.
~On the 13th day of Christmas, my ghoul love gave to me...~
littledollclaudia

Postby Dudley on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:01 am

Do NOT leave me HANGING!!

What do you SING???
Dudley

Postby littledollclaudia on Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:53 am

Well, last year I sang "These boots are made for walking". Of course wearing my combat boots showing underneath my dress just made it work so much better. Then I sang "Think of me" from Phantom. We sang a few Christmas carols as a group and then of course my fiancee Jack and I danced the Time Warp. Only a few folks at the party got up but my kids did it too so it was a whole lotta fun. Yeshuh, I am a total nut. :lol:

I will have to top it this year! Anyone know a song that will be just so me?
littledollclaudia

Postby EvilMel on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:59 am

Deadman's Party by Oingo Boingo.

My current employer does not throw a party but we do have a potluck (thanks to the secretary). But I used to work for this biotech company that had a huge Christmas party each year. The guy who owned the company was so awesome and he really took care of his employees. It was formal so we all had to really dress up. He had a ton of beer and wine, plus an open bar and all this food to eat. It was GREAT!!

I think more employers should do that for their staff. Happy employees are productive employees.
EvilMel

Postby littledollclaudia on Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:36 am

EvilMel, I could kiss you! Oh, Danny Elfman is a god. I miss Oingo Boingo. I will have to see if I can find a karaoke cd with that on it. Thank you! :D
littledollclaudia

Postby EvilMel on Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:32 am

No problem...I just instantly thought of it when I thought of you singing.
EvilMel

Postby Snow-flake on Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:52 am

I am going to my husband's work Christmas party on Dec. 9th.

We are having our own Christmas party here on Dec. 16th. I have already been working on the menu. I think it is going to be the biggest party I have ever had.

I am making up little treat bags for everyone, and am giving away a Christmas basket full of stuff.

I am really excited about it.
Snow-flake

Postby Dudley on Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:23 am

okay, I'm prepared to be amazed.

how many people and what are you gonna make?
Dudley

Postby EvilMel on Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:19 pm

Check out those Hershey's Kisses with candy canes in them. I heard they are awesome. You could put some of those in the gift bags.
EvilMel

Re: Christmas Party

Postby The Dentist on Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:59 pm

About 6 years ago, my friends and I hosted a Christmas party for our children. We invited all the children from their preschool classes and asked each child to bring an unwrapped Christmas gift for a boy or girl (boys brought boy gifts and girls brought girls gifts). We made Christmas ornaments and had a visit from Santa. After the party was over, we donated all the toys to Toys for Tots. It was a great party and all the children really enjoyed helping out with those less fortunate.
The Dentist

Next

Return to Holiday Events