Halloween s HERE!!!!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Halloween s HERE!!!!

Post by Hdunlopclark » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:04 am

Halloween is bascly here because we are now carving pumpkins so post what you are doing on the week leaing up to halloween (if your not to busy lol :lol: )

kevin
Crypt Keeper

Post by kevin » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:06 am

Well, I put up my strobe light bracket and wires, ran an AC cord through my kids bedroom upstairs down to the truss below their window where I am mounting the strobe to fire up at the corner of our house where a witch is hanging. Already figured next year I need a more powerful strobe (or a 2nd one), and going to fire it twoards our tree and put a hanging creature of some sort there. The tree, next to our door, is the start of our graveyard scene, putting the low lying high output fogger near there somewhere to spread fog over our walk way leading up to our door and the grass along side it. I'll post some more pics after halloween to show how it all looked.

Wanted to put up some more cobweb, but running out of time and money. lol. Also started carving pumpking and realized what I hate most about that job.. small pumpkins! My kids are young, so we of course get them small... also the price isn't so cheap, so with 4 kids, it gets quite expensive. I was using a scooper my wife found that was made for very large pumpkins, on these head sized ones. Then, I was trying to use my rotozip to carve out their faces which one is a window pane with some ghosts peeking out of it, the other is a kids like spider in its web. Well, needless to say, I'm going to see if I can find a very small skinny cutting bit for my dremel now! Rotozip is great, especially for cutting the top out fast. But man! You just can't control it enough to cut small details, and the bits are too thick... plus I found that I am offing jumping a bit, thus overcutting sometimes. Went back to the old pumpkin saw, and dang.. that sux too. Lol. I need to find me some good carcing tools for small details. And how about getting two toned? I can't even fathom trying to do that!

That's about it for now. Got 2 big pumpkins and one smaller white one to carve still.

How is everyone else doing?

Spooky_Ollie
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Spooky_Ollie » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:54 am

Well, i just came back from Sainsburys with two pumpkins, one for the kitchen, one for the windowsill, just getting some carving designs from off this site. :D Not much else happens here in Macclesfield. :(
Halloween would be the best time of year for me, but you get lots of food at christmas, except for pumpkin.

bbyboomer
Ghost

Post by bbyboomer » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:10 pm

So far I have strung purple and orange mini lights on the hedge leading to the front door, hung the sheet ghost that I made on the front door (he is SO cute!), planted two different colored mums and kale in the planter by the door and accented it with mini pumpkins and Halloween wooden signs, decorated the entryway with a dried vine with pumpkins, decorative corn and yellow roses, and have purchased 140 BIG candy bars...yum! Last year we had over 160 Trick or Treaters. It was wonderful as the parents also dressed up. I always dress up to answer the door. This year, though not real creative, I'm going to be a gypsy. Last year I was a wine goddess and made a crown of grape vines, grapes and tied corks to it...it was a pretty costume.

Happy Halloween, everyone! BTW, I'm in Portland, Oregon.

Willow
Vampire

Post by Willow » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:39 pm

Hi,
This year iam so behind in my decorating and getting pumpkins! So I am going to morrisons tomorow to get pumpkins, my parents picked me one up today as they were out. Even a house up the street has decor out before me! mind you there is only three of us who decorate.......

So tomorow iam:

Carving pumpkins

Going into town shopping for halloween decor, candles and anything
which takes my fancy! i will feel better then.... Ive waited ages to get time to go, so cant wait!

Maybe also work on my gingerbread halloween house.

On halloween ill bake cookies, make sweets and watch all the episodes on ABC of Home Improovment, and all the others, I love those halloween episodes.

Wait for Trick or treaters........

Willow x

ps. Boomer have you any pictures of your decor? it sounds lovley. Similer to the type of style i try create for myself

Spooky_Ollie
Zombie

Post by Spooky_Ollie » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:50 pm

Sounds great, Have a good day Willow! :D
Halloween would be the best time of year for me, but you get lots of food at christmas, except for pumpkin.

Willow
Vampire

Post by Willow » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:20 pm

Hi Hope you have a good day too spooky! i am so pleased to see another uk halloweener!

Happy Halloween

Willow x

Boo
Master Reaper

Post by Boo » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:27 am

Well I hung a cackling witch decoration in the office today, I'm carbving two pumpkins tonight and making a pumpkin pie for my office.
Tomorrow I'm leaving work early and will go home and watch the Witches of Eastwick on DVD and then just as it's getting dark I'll go for a Halloween walk on Wimbledon common. In the evening the wife and I will be tuckiing into a Halloween dinner before sitting down to watch Sleep Hollow by Pumpkin light.

I hope you all have a great time.

Boo!
The steeples are white in the wild moonlight,
And the trees have a silver glare;
Past the chimneys high see the vampires fly,
And the harpies of upper air,
That flutter and laugh and stare.