Jack Skellington's Fright Night 2006!!!

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.
Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:44 pm

oh no haha I ment that nobody wants to play him because of the Price of the Costume it's 59 dollars thats why I love to play him I save up for a new costume every year because every year the costume has new changed to it this year it will have teeth and really look like Kack is Grinning, thanks for the offer though haha.

Christopher
Last edited by Light/sound tech Chris on Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lighting and sound tech for
Mobile Sets Stage Lighting & FX

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

HAUNTED MANSION UPDATE!

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:56 pm

ok folks time for an upsate we have not started any decorating we have completed the Frame for the Main house. The Following effects may be thrown out do to the price of them, Snow machine(Possibly may be gone) Light show HArdware (costs $419) and thats pretty much the only effects that may not be at the Haunted house we will have the Light show Hardware for Christmas but thats another Subject. ok so thatrs pretty much all I have for an Update we have begun looking for Decor and props for the event we will have to stock up on candy this year haha, we have the Designs for the First Room it wil be themed to Haunted Mansion and Haunted Mansion Holiday we will be going with both after a long talk with the crew about why should it be all Holloween taking over Christmas so we are now having both Haunted Mansion Holiday and Haunted Mansion Original that way every body likes it and doesn't say why are we playing Christmas Halloween music but some people do forget that thats what Actualy plays at Haunted Mansion Holiday which opens the 29th at Disneyland! anyways thats a update so far of how everything is going.
until another update see ya! any questions? just post or PM me Chris

Christopher

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

Tesing Audio and Lighting!!!

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:08 pm

Hey all this weekend we will be heading down to Disneyland to check out some features of the Haunted mansion the outside portions of the Haunte house and see if we can add something like that to our Haunted house though the ride is closed while they install Haunted Mansion Holiday we will be looking at the top and building that the Haunted manion bares while going through this prosess. Also this Saterday we will be testing our Audio and Lighting for the Event will will be getting nice shots of testing we will be holding a very cool Movie Night of Fright on that day also for all the Crew we will be showing Scary Movie 4 we have set up a seating area for this special event as a kind of thank you and to discuss our Haunted house and give a Demo of the Lighting that will be used we will be taking video and Pictures of this cool Preview just for our staff. We also will be testing our Fog and Snow machines that will be used for this event so keep checking up because on about sunday night or monday afternoon we will be posting pictures and videos of the Preview event on Halloween.com . Thank you all for your great questions and if you have anymore or would like more info please PM me and I can give you what ever info you need.

Christopher

SadAngelove
Zombie

Post by SadAngelove » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:59 pm

Nightmare before Christmas my all time favorite movie!!!
I LOVE HALLOWEEN. IT'S THE ONLY TIME OF MY CHILDHOOD WHERE I CAN REMEMBER TRUELY BEING HAPPY AND AT PEACE. I WANT MY SON TO FEEL THE SAME WAY.

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:00 pm

Hi all we have some updates on our Haunted house!!!!!

do to not enough budget we have had to take out the computer controled light shows and replace it with a Huge and Hi Tech Sound system and Static Lighting other then that we will have a Great Haunted house do to an issue with winds down here is Riverside California we have had to take down our Frame of the Haunted house for a short time we will re construct it this weeked depending on Weather conditions, for more info on our Haunted house please PM me and I can get right back to you.

Christopher

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

HAppy October!!!

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:44 am

Hi Everyone!!! we are Now Officialy in October!! and we are getting ready for one of the best Holidays of the YEar Halloweeen!! and we are kicking into high gear as many of you know Disneyland has started a New Season Halloween time ad it is Great and like Disneyland we have started too we are starting to roll out that Spider web and bring out all those Tomb Stones for the Scariest Time of year!! so Happy October to all and stay tuned for pictures of our Set up,Backstage, and Pics from Halloween night so get ready falks it's HALLOWEEEN!!!!!!

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

DECORATING HAS BEGUN!!!!

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:17 pm

Today we are officialy have begun Decorating we are going to go out and look for some intresting props and start rebuilding the frame of the Haunted house since we had to take it down do to High winds we will start to put up caution tape and Holiday Decor Company they are new this year sold at Walmart they are Mini Foggers that throw out ALOT of fog and are very small and compact. we will begin to post pics very soon of how the haunted house is turning out and give some secret tips and backstage photos of our Haunted house!!

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

NEW SCENE ADDED!!

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:07 pm

Hey everyone we are proud to announce we are adding and have completed half of our new Pirates of the Caribbean Scene which will have cool Lightning and Fog effects the scene if straight from the ride hen you see the ship all crashed and a pirate still tring to steer the boat and it's in a storm thats the exact scene we have put in we have created our own 1 hour loop and mix for this scene that has all the scary music from the movie this should be our most popular scene in the Haunt we will have a snow machine we think giving the scene a falling rain effect if not we will have it at the entrance way more info to come as we get closer to opening night!! Pictures have not been posted because of the long hours we are taking to bulld the haunt we are sorry pictures should be posted soon.

kevin
Crypt Keeper

What to use for my haunt

Post by kevin » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:24 pm

Hey Chris,

Being the 20th, any update, pictures? I have slowly been building up my own halloween display each year. Last year the best I got was dressing up in a black robe/hoode, painting my face like "death" (white with some black outline), and playing some music from various movie themes and such. We did the webs and the only prop we have is this man/wife skeletons dressed up, that are like 5 feet tall on stands. This year I bought two fog machines, and use the gotfog.com instructions my neighbor and I built the fog chiller. One fog machine is 1200watts, which I plan to use to put a ground fog around our corner house on the grass. In the driveway I have some yellow tape, white chalk and plan to outline a severed body and use fake blood on the ground, tape it off.

I also bought a Chauvet 731 strobe controller but sadly thought it would work with any strobe and bought some cheapies.

So, here's the deal. This is my favorite holiday, with Christmas coming in 2nd for putting up displays. I would love to have a light show with music for christmas, but also want to reuse whatever I can for halloween. I have been looking at these DMX light controllers for like $120 to $200, not quite sure if they would work or not. I see this deal with scenes, chases, etc... also looking at software with USB output.

Question for you is.. what to go with? For halloween which is 11 days, I can go pick u a cheap light controller, a DMX strobe or two, and thats about my budget. But then, at christmas time, how do I use my christmas lights with DMX to turn them on/off, chase them, etc with music. I forget the link, but I saw some very kewl christmas light shows that synced with music (as it panned left/right, the lights on the left chased on to the right, etc). With big music clashes, various lights lit up the sky. And so on. I basically want to do something like that for christmas, but for halloween fire off some strobes for lighting/thunder effect, and what would be VERY kewl is to be able to record a simple "scary" story or something, and as the story goes.. have lights come on, flash, etc to reveal props. Is all of this possible with a single DMX controller that supposedly can use up to 192 channels of DMX? Do I need to buy a ton of hardware for each DMX channel (or channels) to fire strobes, fog machines, etc? Worse thing is.. it seems that in order to fire a Fog unit, I need to use a Chauvet DMX unit with a Chauvet fogger.. but I already got some kewl fog machines. Is there no way to make use of them with their timer XLR input?

Sorry for the book, just looking for ideas, suggestions on what would be a good way to go with a limited budget. I don't mind if it's not all that this year, I can build up the pieces over the next couple of years. This year I primarily want something that will fire off a strobe for lightning, then play some thunder to make it realistic. I have my fog on a timer for the ground fog. The other fog I dont have anything for.. so its probably just a blast at the door thing (manually). It would be great if there were ways to trigger a DMX channel or channels if someone approaches, such as sound activation, or motion detection (is there?).

Thank you.

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:53 pm

Hi Kevin sorry I didn't reply sooner been busy, but about your questions Lets start with The Lighting with music. you would be able to use DMX to program Chases with Scenes but the hard thing is going with music there is no way to sync it up, what you are looking for is Light-O-Rama it's one of the best Christmas/Halloween Light Show Programer I have ever seen I do not have it but you can triger Strobes with it and Lights for Christmas or Halloween it's the best for making shows or special effect shows you can set a time for it to go off it's great for that I have alot of people who have it the website is http://www.Light-O-Rama.com. now the only reason you would need to get a DMX board is if you have PARS or Intelligent Lighting to use it just to run foggers is not really good you can only plug in foggers to the board if you have a DMX cable for it it's a special one though not a standard DMX cable it turns from a Fog control Plug into a DMX plug to plug into the board but the bad thing is you can only plug 1 fogger into most boards. is you have more questions you can reply back to this or if you have any Messengers I have AIM,Skype,Yahoo,MSN My user name for Yahoo and MSN the only ones I give out, are Christopherslides@sbcglobal.net (thats not my E-mail it's me old one I have it set as my user name don't know how to change it lol)

hope you questions are solved if more just reply.

Chris

Pictures will be posted soon once we do our main set up over the weekend we have High winds here and it has delayed our set up for today to tomarrow.

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

PHOTO UPDATE AND SHOOT THIS WEEKEND!!!

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:00 pm

ok everyone I have the exact date we are releasing set up pictures and pictures of the haun we will be posting our pictures of our haunt This weekend as our Pre-Haun Party Weekend we will be having training going on and testing everything pictures of the haunt will be posted day after halloween but we will have a Photo shoot this weeked with everything going. so don't forget this weekend picture updates we will be working around the clock our lead Tech ( me) will be working around the clock too you may see him on most of the picures he will be dressed in our Stage Black uniform, I will also be jack for halloween!. so stay tuned for Pictures everyone! this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

kevin
Crypt Keeper

Post by kevin » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:16 pm

Hi Crhis,

No worries, I know how it can be! Wow.. thats an expensive product. The cheapest setup is like $500+. It's interesting though.. supports 16 different plugs, software to control it. Wondering though, can it sync with midi/audio, fire off midi notes (that would relay to a sampler and play audio files), and such? Or is it strictly a light controller?

Your note on only using a single fogger for DMX, why is that? If it uses DMX, how does the DMX know its a fogger and not a light? It seems odd that with 512 channels, or in the case of multiple universes, you'd be limited to one fog machine with no way for the DMX software to know that its a fogger its sending control data to. If it adheres to the DMX spec, there should be no limit to any DMX fixture, but I could be missing something.

I think for this year that light-o-rama is a bit out of my price range. Actually, when I really think about it, it's way overkill for my needs, and I can't really fathom playing music all evening for my neighbors most of which dont celebrate christmas anyway. Guess I dont know what I was thinking, lol. Just thought if I could get some DMX gear to control a show for halloween I could reuse it for christmas. Doesn't seem worth it any more since really the only thing I need DMX for with regards to halloween is the thunder/lightning show. I seriously doubt I'll spend the money for animatronic props.

Anyway, going to be setting some of the stuff up over the weekend, will take some pictures and post them in a separate thread. Come Monday, I'll pick up the dry ice assuming it lasts for 30 hours or so to last through tuesday evening, and test out the fogger and such, otherwise it's wait till tuesday.

Looking forward to more pics from you.

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:22 am

Hi Kevin about Light-O-Rama yes it is Expensive thats why I didn't get it niether lol. about the Fogger and DMX board, ok here it is I just talked with my buddy we talked about it and you can plug the fogger depending on the type of board and or if you are using Analog or DMX using DMX is really hard you need to know dip switches and setting up the board and cords and linking the foggers together, using analog is really easy on the board there is a plug for a fogger you plug the fogger into it using a Fogger extension cable which is sold at http://www.PSSL.com (the place we shop at) but with analog you would only be able to plug one fogger into it so it's really confusing lol, DMX I don't recomend for just using it for Christmas Lights yes if you have some DJ or Inteligent Lighting. just not worth the money, Light O Rama can sync the Lights up to music but you have to Program that the music will play with the Lights when you press Play both will go so thats the best for Holiday Lighting. sorry for the sonfusion anymore Quesions please PM me thanks.

Chris