Halloween Birthday

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
Christine
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Halloween Birthday

Post by Christine » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:51 am

(This is my first post)

My first child was born on All Hallow's Eve (Halloween) last year. I started labour on my birthday - the 29th - and was thrilled when Rebekah was born on the 31st. This year, she turns one.

I'm hosting an adult Halloween Birthday party for her as she is too young to enjoy the company of other babies. It will be a costume party, and family and friends are invited.

Rebekah will be a black cat, we will have a black cat cake, chip dip in orange bell peppers, choc. pudding in mini pumpkins, and jack-o-lanturn pizza's. I have Halloween toys and books set out so the mood will be set while she plays, and she has Halloween paper wrapping her b-day gifts. I have Halloween apporiate children's music...The party will begin at 4 and after it's over she will go trick-or-treating for a little while (until cranky).

Are there any suggestions for decorating, games, or anything else for her party? Would love to hear them.

halloweengirl
Crypt Keeper

Post by halloweengirl » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:17 am

hi :),your little girl is sooo lucky to have such a coool b-day!!!!!(it's my b-day too!!!)I wish her a very happy,fun 1st birthday,and as for any suggestions for party ideas for a 1yr old,well....let's see....can she walk already?if so why not do that funny little dance where everyone follows eachother around to music...that might be fun(depends if she is shy or not)of course it might backfire and she might start to cry cuz' of all the noise and laughter....how 'bout "face painting"?with pudding?sounds abit messy,but alot of fun...my kids like that kind of stuff. :D
NIGHT FOLLOWS THE LONELY MOON,MORNING COMES EVER SO SOON. author halloweengirl.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:00 pm

HI Christine, Halloween birthdays are so much fun. My b-day is the 30th and I always had Halloween themes of course. Well some games I remember as a child and have been using myself for my childrens Halloween parties the past couple of years is the regular hot potato but instead of a potato I used a big ugly rubber rat, another was pass the present which this year i wrapped up a rock in about 20 layers of newpaper and all the children sit in a circle and each person unwraps one layer and passes it on to the next person until the last person gets the rock. Now the winner needs to go and reach into the big pot of prizes that are in little ziploc bags but covered in a whole bunch of jello and fake spider webs and pull out their prize....its gross and gucky but memorable. A good game to do with the adults who stay with their kids is like russian roulette. Say there is 9 adults, boil 9 eggs until they are hard boiled but tell them that there is only 8 hard boiled and 1 raw egg. Have them select the egg out of a bowl or whatever you have them in and crack it on their forehead. Have a towel ready and act like each egg might be the raw one. When it comes down to the last person of course they think its is the raw one and if they are brave enough to do it (yu may have to coax them "you agreed to play") then they get the prize for being so brave.. Its silly but I did it this year and it was a bit hit They were impressed...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

spookyspider
Ghost

halloween birthdays

Post by spookyspider » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:21 am

my birthday is all hallows eve i am 30 today and i am throwing this massive birthday party i cant wait it is alsow my sons birthday today

jinho
Zombie

Post by jinho » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:12 pm

Just to tell you that i heard anybody born on halloween can see and talk to spirts.

I read at here http://www.theholidayspot.com/halloween ... itions.htm

visit my topics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!