What do you hand out to TOT's?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Willow
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Willow » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:55 am

Yes I have heard a lot about homemade items been made, and of course i totally agree, the one's who mainly come to me are with their parents and i always ask its it is ok by them to give it to the child.

We all live on the same street even if i dont personaly know them. I get some shop stuff in too, just in case any refusals. And i wouldnt question the parent in the slighetst, In this day you cant be too careful.

'Pick and mixes' are always good too bought from the shop where you hand out lots of one penny sweets, small but nice! small bubble gum etc.

I would love to put treats in gift bags too, only there are too many children unless they share?

Willow x

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:35 am

an interesting compromise that works up here..
folks would put their name and adresses on the homemade stuff..and once, the neighbourhood fretfull mother phoned up to see if THE ADRESS was on the up and up. the husband replied in a thick accent."I am sorry. We just came to this country from Togoland. Where can we buy these Halloweiners and do you eat dem with a bun??"
The lady told him to do something with the weiners that would be physically impossible, I would guess, but let the kids have the popcorn balls anyway..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

jesseV
Ghost

Plastic snakes, frogs, spiders.....etc....

Post by jesseV » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:38 pm

I do the classic candies, you know the ones I like the best so if there are left over's, More for me! But, I also give a chioce of "trick" instead of "treat'. I have a couldron that I fill with all kinds of medium or larger (no small, choking hazzard..) snakes, bugs, lizards, frogs, spiders, little skeletons, and so on. I cover the couldron with a black cloth or something like that and make the braver ones stick their arms in to get thier "trick". It's always a blast. This year though, we made getting to the "tricks" even more fun by making those (older) brave little souls walk through a dark corridor, a spiders lair complete with life sized spider victems), a hounted graveyard, and a man eating pumpkin patch to get to them! So much fun......

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:25 pm

:cry: :( We have no kids come to our house....we are not in a neighborhood, kind of a busy street on the end of the row. So every year I sit, and I wait and hope that maybe ONE TOT would come...no one comes, I cry..my husband comes home from work with his coat over his head and rings the doorbell so I think there is at least one person there. It makes me SO SAD!

Willow
Vampire

Post by Willow » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:56 pm

Oh thats so sad! I feel for you i really do, as years ago no one came to me either as no one on my street decorated, maybe next year someone might stop by? i hope so......
Hope you enjoy halloween anyway, do you hold a halloween party? I wish i had one.

Happy Halloween
Willow x

MichaelMyers
Haunt Master

Post by MichaelMyers » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:06 pm

I know its so sad--thanks for your symphathy. This has been year #7 with no TOT! First we lived in a condo with no kids around, now this house....it makes me so sad! Our next house will be in a neighborhood WITH KIDS! We usually do not have a party on actual Halloween because of our work schedules. And passing out candy has always been my favorite part of Halloween :( I guess I am just feeling sorry for myself lol!! But when you love Halloween as much as I do, its heartbreaking!

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:32 am

Hey so here's my question...why don't you just go to a friend's house and help them give out candy???

I have gone over to my friend's house for years prior to this one. We just bought a house and are going to get some TOTers, but for years that totally satisfied my need to give out candy.

To make it really great you can just bring all the candy you'd give them if they came to your house and then they can get 2x the amount of candy as one house.

Or if none of your friends have houses like that, you could volunteer at like the zoo or the mall maybe. We have Boo Aat the Zoo here.

Anyways...it's just a thought.