Everyones Plans for Halloween Night?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Everyones Plans for Halloween Night?

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:41 pm

What does everyone do on Halloween Night? Me? I put on a movie or watch some Halloween episodes of my favorite sitcoms and wait for the TOT's to come ring my door bell. OH I do hope we get lots this year!!!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:21 am

Well, I dress up (actually we all dress up) and host the neighborhood children's party. We include all the kids on our cul-de-sac. A bunch of my friends with small children come, too. We start early, around 5pm and have hot dogs, chips, and cupcakes/brownies, along with some "bug juice". Then the kids all go TOTing in a group around our street. It's great fun. And the TOTers from outside of our neighborhood are always so shocked to see an adult in full costume open the door! My neices and nephews all come, even my 83 year old mom dresses up every year. (Where do you think I get it from?) :lol:

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:45 am

Well, first i will decorate my aparment, i know mom will freak out, but that's life, then at night i will go with my friendsin a club were Halloween party will be.
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

Boo
Master Reaper

Post by Boo » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:47 am

Well I have to work, but after that it will be Halloween dinner (something spooky but not sure what yet), then a night with the wife in front of the tv - the witches of Eastwick and Sleepy Hollow........in the romantic glow of pumpkin light :-)

William - what can you tell us about Halloween in Rumania?
The steeples are white in the wild moonlight,
And the trees have a silver glare;
Past the chimneys high see the vampires fly,
And the harpies of upper air,
That flutter and laugh and stare.

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:30 am

I'm going to build a cemetery in the yard, complete with goblins, ghouls, fog, strobe lights, and myself dressed like the Grim Reaper (I will be taking/posting pics). I'm hoping to get more TOTs this year, because I wrote a column for the local paper regarding all the local Halloween goings-on, and at the end I was sure to plug my cemetery. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please! This is my first Halloween off in five years (I use to have a night job) so I'm extra excited . . .
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:32 am

What can i tell you her the stupid romanien's dosen't celebrate Halloween as is Uk or U.S.A, only someclubs throw Halloween partyes, but no house's that are decorated, no kids TOT'ing, i realy hate that :( but i hope next year when i move to the U.K i will have a real Halloween as i always dreamed. In rest that's all, and i wana make friends from the uk :D so any 1 if u have msn or yahoo i await your pm's
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

Willow
Vampire

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:53 am

I am at college this year, unless I skip it of course!

I will carve pumpkins days before, put lights on trees.
i am going to bake biscuits and cut with halloween cookie cutters, to give ot trick or treaters. i also make marzipan pumpkins to give out. This is done in the afternoon. Also halloween chocolates

As it gets dark i place jam jar candles along my driveway, open the porch and play halloween music. Set pumpkins out.

People come around trick or treating for about 3 hours, they start around 7.00pm and finish at 10pm. So I miss any tv.........but

When all is calm and quiet, I will settle down to watch Hocus Pocus on dvd. Or maybe read a good book. Take time to reflect on the day. Enjoy looking at my pumpkins all lit up then blow them out as late as possible.

I light them the day after, then keep them around till they go moldy!

I also have my yankee candles burning, pumpkin pie, harvest, trick or treat, ginger, pumpkin spice. They are fantastic to set the mood!

I cant wait till 31st now!
Willow x

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:17 am

We go TOTing with my son. We leave stuff on the porch for kids, cause we don't get many cause of our location, but we are really close to town, so we can walk right to the area we TOT in.

We usually have pizza for supper, cause we are exhausted from the Halloween party, and sick of cooking by then.

We light all the carved pumpkins that everyone brings to the party.

I watch a scary movie after we come back.

Somtimes, we get out in our hot tub and look for a full moon and see if we see a witch or 2 fly by. :wink:

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:55 am

I'm going to spend the day carving tons of pumpkins and watching scary movies (already decided to take the day off). Then our neightborhood Halloween parade starts (for kids) at 6pm and then it's TOTing. So I am going to wait in the house, with scary movies playing of course, for TOTers.

I need to start making up my halloween gift bags. I've gotten some mini-bubbles, sticky bats on strings, glow-in-the-dark bracelets, candy necklaces, spider rings, and tons of candy to put in them. I'm hoping they will remember my house next year!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:59 am

Halloween for me...well I will end up working 8:30-4:30 then heading home, feeding my kids supper and then we hit the streets. Walk until our feet hurt and then go home and examine all the goodies they got TOT'ing and watch Halloween kid specials. I love this day so much. It will be sad when it is over but at least there will be lots of sweets to cheer us up :lol:
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:37 am

We've been getting lots of snow and rain around here, so everything this year is going to be waterproof...which means a whole new set up, but that life...funny how they say..
Anway, we're setting up the baby buggy at gal pal's, with tombstones, and in honor of Pennywise,her cloth to make the front door look creepy,fog machine, dry ice, and lots of EXPERIMENTAL FORMULA...dished out in this big AUTHENTIC hypos that will be SURE to impress the kids..
We'll actually do two. The one I told you about the Tuesday night, with my grand daughter pillaging the neighbourhood, and a party on the weekend, where I make my place an indoor Halloween land of enchantment, with all the windows decorated, my Bela cut out up, the large sign that covers the outside wall, the coffin out and set up WITH Creature from the Black Lagoon in it..and everybody dressed up..for the benefit of grand daughter, we will play the Disney halloween cartoons, the Simpsons specials for EVERYONE, and maybe a funny movie.
The night itself is done with pizza and chili and the EXPERIMENTAL FORMULA and pop over at gal pals' everything down and done at midnight..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:06 pm

I only work 1/2 a day on Halloween - just enough time to enjoy snacks with my co-workers. We all dress up at work so it's a lot of fun. I'll go home after lunch and put the finishing touches on my buffet and last minute decorations. Instead of a party I have more of an open house. I tell my friends and family to drop by and have a bite to eat and/or an ice cold beer from my glowing green cauldron. This year my daughter has invited half her middle school so I might be in trouble!! Scary movies on T.V., mood music, and just a great night of visiting and handing out candy.
Don't drink and fly...

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:43 pm

well, i have the pleasure of working on my day off (someone decided to go on vacation on halloween. i threw a big hissy fit [so unlike me] when i was told i had to work that night. the manager realized that i have a kid and switched me to the day shift) we'll see how many kids come in and want colored gel in their hair (i'm a hairstylist) and them let them pick from a monster cauldron of goodies, we also get to wear costumes.
then i get to go home, get the house ready for TOT. we'll probably order some pizza (it's just eaasier this way). then take the child TOT. come home, give her a bath and send her to bed, and the husband and i will watch scary movies (he has no choice, halloween is MY holiday, he can have christmas)
i usually go to a friends' house for a party, but since the child has school the next day, i'm gonna have to skip it
trick or treat

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:30 pm

I am surprised so many of you wait to do decorating till the day of. Hooch that sounds like an awesome neighboor hood to live in. One neighborhood near me puts on a parade.

Oh its only a week a way now everyone!!

ElMuertoMan17
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Everyones Plans for Halloween Night?

Post by ElMuertoMan17 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:25 pm

Well I usually first take my little brothers Trick or treating. Then after they get tired go home, steal their candy after they are sleeping and watch some good old horror movies until about 2:00AM. This year will be different since I will not be with my family on that holiday.
La bruja, la bruja
se quedó encerrada
en una burbuja.
La bruja, la boba
con escoba y todo
con todo y escoba.