WHOA back off Christmas Decorators

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

WHOA back off Christmas Decorators

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:18 pm

Ok so I am driving down the road today and what do I see? ??? CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS in someones yard!!!

They had up red bows and bells all along their fence with a few wreaths. It is bad enough that the stores are already putting out the Christmas stuff...but to have people actually decorating their yards??? Let us have at least one whole month....October is Halloween NOT Christmas.

By the way...I love Christmas and have nothing against decoration but I dont want it interfering with my # 1 Holiday!!!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:43 pm

Can I get an AMEN?!?!? Just close your eyes when you drive by...oh, wait, that might not be good.... :?

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:53 pm

HAHAHA Hooch you make me laugh...I almost wrecked because I couldn't take my eyes away!!!

kevin
Crypt Keeper

Post by kevin » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:23 am

It's like that because Indian (from India) have their christmas like holiday right now. I know.. it seems odd that right at Halloween with our scary decorations there are christmas lights up, kind of ruins the mood, but I guess that's the way it goes.

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:21 am

Mandy, here is an excerpt from a column I wrote for a local newsaper regarding Halloween happenings. I hope you enjoy it . . .

"Greetings, fellow Halloweenists! What we've all been waiting for since last November 1st is finally here: the 2006 Halloween season! I've taken it upon myself to write a column regarding many Halloween happenings in and around Arcata, so that we all can schedule a festive itinerary in celebration of the best holiday in the world . . . ever. But first, I must admonish some of you for not flaunting your Halloween spirit. As I tool around my Sunny Brae neighborhood, I don't see nearly enough houses adorned with seasonal festoonery. What gives? I know that some of you are already thinking about dragging that box of (bleck!) Christmas decorations down from the attic, but there's plenty of time for that later, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Why not carve one or two (or more!) pumpkins and allow them to grin menacingly at passersby from your living room window? Why not exhume that skeleton from your closet and display it proudly on your front door? In my mind, Halloween is to be lavishly and frivolously celebrated by young and old, and not viewed as the first in two stepping stones on the path to (again, bleck!) Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-Christmas, I'm just strongly opposed to having it crammed down my throat months in advance like so much figgy pudding . . . "

I kill me.
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:23 am

I saw people with Christmas lights up too the other day. I think people decorate outside early, if they think the weather is going to be bad, cause that is the part about Christmas that stinks, is freezing to death outside putting up decorations. I think it has been pretty cold for this time of year. That could be what's happening.

You know what I think is hilarious....about 2 weeks after Halloween...
you have a mix of 3 holidays...you have the people leftover from Halloween that never got around to taking the pumpkin bags filled with leaves out of their yard...and left their real pumpkins to rot away on the front porch...then you have some people decorated for Thanksgiving (which is a hard holiday to decorate for-all you have to work with are pilgrims and turkeys)...and then you have the early Christmas decorators.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:27 am

Yeah is kinda early for Christmas stuff but I suppose the Christmas people think that some of us Halloween people decorate too early too... Oh well. I love the Christmas Holiday time of year myself as it really brings alot of family and friends together but I need to wait awhile longer before i get into that kind of decorating mood.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:03 am

I decided that this year I was going to put the lights on the house (for xmas) early. I'm not going to turn them on, but I am going to put them up there in November...the first weekend it's remotely warm. I'm tired of putting up the lights when it's below freezing.

But I am completely shocked that someone is putting stuff up now! What a nutball!!

People here in my office think I am a total loony for wanting to start listening to xmas music in november...I guess they'd really flip out if they saw someone putting up xmas decorations now. hah hah.

That is just insane. Completely insane. Then again...I bet people say that about the way my house is decorated right now.

TigerStrong
Zombie

Post by TigerStrong » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:59 am

you could always sneak back in the night and modify their decorations. I'm not talking about anything that would harm or deface their decorations. But if there's a Santa in his sleigh, you could add a witch cozying up to him; or add a few headstones, each with a little Christmas present, as if Santa hasn't forgotten the Undead.
That's the kind of thing I really would do, but only if I knew the owners of the house had a sense of humor.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:24 pm

Thats a good idea Tigerstrong, almost like a nightmare before Christmas thing...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:01 pm

Haha tigerstrong I like that idea....maybe i could throw some cobwebs up there....or add some black bows and ribbons!

Thanks for the excerpt Thislazylife - Maybe next year I will write into my local paper - see if it gets published. Or perhaps I will even start this year. HMMMMM there is an idea.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:27 pm

thislazylife...you kill me, TOO!!! LOL! :lol:

ImAWalkingCorpse
Crypt Keeper

Post by ImAWalkingCorpse » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:11 am

I haven't seen any up yet (except ones that people left hanging year round).

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:02 pm

Oh yes I cant stand those people either - the ones who just never bother to take down the wreath with the red bow..or the icicle lights hanging from the gutters.

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Re:

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:08 pm

I can not believe anyone would decorate for Christmas at Halloween! :shock: I love Christmas and I love all the cheer but I want to celebrate Halloween first. Lets enjoy one holiday at a time please!

mandy0221 wrote:Haha tigerstrong I like that idea....maybe i could throw some cobwebs up there....or add some black bows and ribbons!

Thanks for the excerpt Thislazylife - Maybe next year I will write into my local paper - see if it gets published. Or perhaps I will even start this year. HMMMMM there is an idea.
Put cobwebs there to make it look like Santa Clause is too busy making presents and working on his list to clean up his house! :lol:
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon