Ok need some costume ideas

Chat about your costumes
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Ok need some costume ideas

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:49 pm

So I have been a slacker this year when it has come to my costume. At first I was thinking an angel...then a witch....then a pirate and now im just not sure. I am hosting the party so I will be in and out of the kitchen and walking around a lot so I was afraid a costume with a hat...wings...or mask would prohibit my ability to be a good host.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:35 am

Your avatar gave me an idea. One year I dressed all in black...pants, shirt, shoes. Made my face up pale, with big black eyebrows sharply arched, lots of eye makeup, subtle darkish blush high on the cheeks...anyway the point is...I used spirit gum to stick spiders to me. Everywhere. I had a v-neck shirt (don't forget makeup there) and a line of spiders came out from under the shirt and up my neck to my face, up the side of my face to my forehead. On the other side were some bigger spiders. Glued some to my hands, wrists, anywhere there was skin. Plastic spiders come in all sizes and shapes, and they stuck to me all night with the spirit gum. Easily removed with a little oil of some kind on a q-tip. Lots of freedom of movement, looks cool, easy to wear when you have party responsiblities. You could go any direction with the clothing. I had a "shawl" made of a yard of black tulle that I hot glued more spiders to. When I was just out mingling, I pulled it up over my head. Black fingernails are a nice touch with that costume, too. If anyone asked, I said I was "the black widow" :wink:

Tacolocust
Ghost

Bag of Jellybeans

Post by Tacolocust » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:56 pm

cut arm & leg holes in the biggest clear trash bag u can find. Blow up balloons. Step into the bag, and have a friend put in the balloons. Put a jellybean logo on your front and you're all set! :wink:

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:40 pm

This may be obvious but what is spirit gum? I really like that idea Hooch. I love the costumes that are creative but get everyone talking. Where did you find all the spiders at? Just walmart or something?

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:11 pm

Hi mandy0221...spirit gum is adhesive that makeup artists (and Halloween fanatics :wink: ) use to attach prosthetic pieces like noses, etc. to skin. It will stick just about anything to you that is not too heavy. I just bought a bag of spiders, actually a couple of bags so I had different sizes. I think I got most of them at the dollar store that year! If there is a Halloween store in your area, I'm sure that they will have spirit gum (and remover, although it comes off with just about any oil...like baby oil.) And spiders. If you find spirit gum, here's how to use it: spread it on the area you'd like the spider to be, then tap it lightly with a finger until it gets really tacky, and it's harder to pull your finger away. (Keep that particular finger for the tapping, because you won't be able to touch anything else with it until you get the spirit gum off of it!) Press the spider firmly to the tacky spot and hold for a few seconds, maybe thirty or so. And voila! You have a spider stuck to your skin. Repeat as needed. Mine lasted the entire evening without falling off. You might want to give it a test run before the big night, if you decide to go with that. Any questions, give me a shout, and good luck...but most importantly....HAVE FUN!!! :D

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:54 am

Thanks Hooch!! I think I might have to try that costume. I like how it is dramatic, creative, creepy yet will still give me freedom to walk around all night. Thanks again!