Have any Brits been to Chessington this Autumn?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Boo
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

Have any Brits been to Chessington this Autumn?

Post by Boo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:01 am

I'm planing on taking my nephews to the joint Halloween/Star Wars event this weekend and I'm wondering if there is anything spooky going on or if all the emphasis is on Star Wars?

Cheers

Steve
The steeples are white in the wild moonlight,
And the trees have a silver glare;
Past the chimneys high see the vampires fly,
And the harpies of upper air,
That flutter and laugh and stare.

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:35 pm

whent last year few decorations apart from that no speical rides Bit boaring to be honest :?

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:29 pm

I am over here in the U.S. but that sounds pretty interesting. So is there a lot of Halloween celebrating over therE?

Hdunlopclark
Master Reaper

Post by Hdunlopclark » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:39 pm

compared to the us not realy

Boo
Master Reaper

Post by Boo » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:42 am

Halloween celebrations in the UK have been on the up for the last 20 years or so. We certainly get a lot of Halloween stuff in the shops, costumes, decorations, sweets (or candy..as our colonial cousins like to call them :-)

I haven't been to the US, but from what I've read it seems that we're just a little more sedate with our celebrations. In the suburbs kids go trick or treating and quite a lot go to parties. On Halloween itself you'll find themed tv shows (Halloween specials), on tv and I see lots of carved pumpkins in people's windows.

Probably the biggest difference though is the lack of external decorations, so we don't have inflatable haunted houses in our gardens etc.

I think that as the kids of the 80s become parents more and more celebrations will occur and before long we'll end up giving the US a run for her money on the celebrations front.

Hopefully one year you'll be able to come over to the UK and see for yourself (just make sure you don't stay in London - it's no longedr really part of the UK and you certainly won't see the real England if you stay there)

Cheers
The steeples are white in the wild moonlight,
And the trees have a silver glare;
Past the chimneys high see the vampires fly,
And the harpies of upper air,
That flutter and laugh and stare.

Spooky_Ollie
Zombie

Post by Spooky_Ollie » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:47 pm

Yes, i must admit, Halloween has decreased since i was born, 1993. But i still love it, and if you are from the US i personally recommend going to Macclesfield, It is only a 30 minute drive from Manchester Airport along the motorway. And Halloween is still going on here, with quite a few public parties. Also, you can go to Alton Towers hotel and have a fun filled weekend with an excellent fireworks display at this time of year. http://www.altontowers.com for more information.[/list][/code][/b]
Halloween would be the best time of year for me, but you get lots of food at christmas, except for pumpkin.