Pumpkin Seeds?

Got a good recipe? Share it here!
OPTIDONN
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Pumpkin Seeds?

Post by OPTIDONN » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:28 pm

Every year I screw this seemingly simple recipe up. What is a good way to make pumpkin seeds?

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:14 pm

I just use seasoning salt.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

skullychick
Vampire

Post by skullychick » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:22 am

my grandma preheats the oven to 350 degrees, washes the seeds Really good and spreads them in a thin layer on a baking sheet, than bakes them for 10-15 minutes and salts them, then vola! your done :lol:
When there's no more room in Hell,thedeadwill walk the Earth.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:42 am

Mine never come out right. They are always kinda mushy...yuck. I'll have to try your grandma's recipe skullychick. I'll probably still find a way to mess them up though.

ckyjrqueen
Ghost

Post by ckyjrqueen » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:09 am

I use this one every year, since copying a version from Martha Stewart:

Slowly dry pumpkin seeds in an oven at 250 degrees. Once dry, saute in a pan with peanut or olive oil until toasted golden brown. In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and add 1 Tbsp. of cayenne pepper and 1 Tbsp. cinnamon (spicier seeds...use more cayenne).

Pour the sauted seeds into the sugar mixture and toss to coat. You will LOVE these~

MisfitQueen
Zombie

Post by MisfitQueen » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:31 pm

maybe this year i will try...."again" :!:
~cant think to what to put here right now~

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:45 pm

Yep, roasted pumpkin seeds are a tradition for my family too. Thats the next best thing to carving the pumpkin is roasting the seeds. I can't remember what i set my oven at I am usually checking them every 5 mins so they don't mess up. I have only ever put regualer salt on them beside some veggie oil on the tray...just a little oil so they don't get too greasey. We carve about 10 pumpkins for our house so we have lots of seeds. We all love them so they don't last very long.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Willow
Vampire

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:17 pm

:) Hello,
I am new to this site but just wanted to say I toasted my seeds last year and sprinkled cinnamon on them, although iam not sure what the texture is supposed to be like mine were dry and crispy, and got little stuck in the teeth, but i still enjoyed them! lol. Is that how they are meant to be?

sunshine
Ghost

Post by sunshine » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:12 pm

Let me ask a dumb question. Do you eat the whole seed, or do like sunflower seeds, and only eat the middle? I have never roasted or toasted pumpkin seeds, and boys are dying to. :roll:

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:53 pm

I don't know about anybody else but I eat the whole thing. Yum.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

mutel
Ghost

Post by mutel » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:23 am

hi everybody. somebody can explane me mean of halloween ? realy l do not know exactly.

Willow
Vampire

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:07 am

i think........but dont take me exactly but its along these lines. to Honour the dead, remember the departed. To wish them a safe trip to the afterlife.
There is lots of history about the pumpkin jack o lantern, all different. one says its to welcome spirits a safe place to stop and rest another is to ward them off, and many others. treats have a history too. i would sugest looking on the web and see which interests you. Some say its evil! some just remember their family.

I like the magical feeling the night ceates, lighted jacks, lights and candy and a warm peaceful feeling at the end of the night. Some love to scare! Its up to you.........

Willow x