A Fun Game We Played

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 9

A Fun Game We Played

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:30 am

Hi ya'll I thought I would share this idea of something we stole from a christmas party for our halloween party a few years ago...

We had everybody bring a Halloween item wrapped up (people got totally creative with the wrapping) with a value of about $20.00 of course you could do less. For the kids we did a $5.00 item. We put all the "gifts" in the center of the floor when we were ready to play. Everyone chose a number (put 1 through however many people you have on slips of paper) out of a plastic pumpkin. Do kids numbers seperately. Here's how you play.....

Number 1 gets to choose first which seems exciting right? well after they choose they open their gift in front of everyone. Next comes number 2 now number 2 can either choose a gift from the pile or if they like what number 1 got they can steal it from them. LOL If number 1 gets their gift stolen they pick again from the pile. This continues on til everyone gets to pick or steal someone elses gift. The last person to pick is the luckiest because they could steal the gift from anyone who picked before them or choose to take their chance with the last gift. It was soooooo much fun and the possibility for halloween items are endless and much more fun than when we did it for Christmas. I hope everyone understands what I just posted...lol

We also did Wrap the mummy game where one partner wraps the other in 2 rolls of toilet paper. First team to get it done wins.

Then there was the Halloween Memory game. I put 20 halloween items on a pumpkin serving platter and covered it up. When we were ready to play I set it on the coffee table and uncovered it for 1 minute. Players had to write down as many things from the tray as they could remember. The player with the most items correct wins....

We played Halloween Bingo, Bobbed for apples and had a couples Haunted Gingerbread decorating contest. (I bought the gingerbread houses after halloween the year before for $1.29 each and used left over halloween candy....)

For prizes I made gift baskets by halloween themes. ..

I did a halloween movie basket with original Halloween, Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street movies, a plastic halloween bowl with packs of halloween popcorn, 4 bottles of coke and some candy.

I did a halloween kitchen basket with dish towels, potholders, ceramic halloween spider bowls I found with matching salt and pepper shakers.

I did a halloween wine basket with 2 bottle of wine and 2 skeleton wine glasses, red grapes and cheese I wrapped in halloween celophane plastic.

I did a halloween decoration basket with various items to decorate inside or outside.

I did a halloween candy basket filled with lots of treats.

I did a halloween baking basket with cookie cutters, a box of cookie mix, candy molds and colored melts and cans of orange and black icing. A pumpkin baking pan and a box of cake mix and a container of halloween sprinkles.

I really enjoy doing this type of stuff. It is so much fun to me I hope someday to be able to get back to doing these things again. I hope some of these ideas help ya'll with your parties.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:39 pm

That sounds great....super fun party. I love the girft basket themes as well. Did you have costume prizes? Post some pictures!

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:31 am

OK Winnie....I'm stealin' those basket themes!! :lol: What GREAT ideas!!

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:36 am

Nice game, it's great maybe i will try it with my friends
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:25 am

Hey Hooch steal away that's what we are here for to share with each other..... :)

Spooky
Haunt Master

Post by Spooky » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:52 pm

I love the Halloween gift exchange idea.

I have done gift baskets similiar to those too, and they are so fun to make and give to people.

We have Halloween Bingo, Halloween Limbo and Halloween Twister.

Another easy game that is a time filler, ...and what I have kids doing when they get here and I am getting the food out, is they play hot potato to Halloween music.