Christmas Giving

Let us know your Christmas thoughts, preparations and details!

Christmas Giving

Postby DaveVan on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:41 am

Throughout the years, my wife and I have reached out to those less fortunate in our community every Christmas through donations, toy drives, secret santa, etc. Unfortunately, this year finds us on hard times. I have not worked since February and my wife has taken ill. I have had to postpone my education because I could not afford the transportation to school. However, this is not intended to bother others with my difficulties. Since my wife and I are unable to afford to help out this year, I am doing what I feel is the next best thing by going to as many websites as I can and imploring others with the means to do so to PLEASE help the needy in your community this Christmas, particularly if you do not ordinarily do so. A small toy or a bit of food can make all of the difference for someone in need.
Thank you,
Dave and Janel
DaveVan

Re: Christmas Giving

Postby Ghoul of Christmas on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:22 pm

Sorry to hear about that, DaveVan. I hope your wife gets better.
Ghoul of Christmas

Postby DaveVan on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:30 pm

Thank you so much, but I sincerely hope that if you are able you will donate. i am donating what time I can to volunteer work here, (Salvtion Army and local charities). Not trying to sound preachy, but even when we are in need, others are always worse off than we.

Love,
Dave
DaveVan

Postby ANGELPUGS on Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:46 am

we always give as my friends with abate always do their toy ride and i always give as well as many others and i donate to my pet charties also as i rescue pugs so i'm very involved. :)
ANGELPUGS

Postby DaveVan on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Thank you, Angel. Merry Christmas.
DaveVan

Postby Lizzy Ohaka on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:17 am

I work with the less privileged all year round and will definitely give them wrapped gifts this holiday. Thank you Dave, for what you and your are doing. May your wife get well soon.
Lizzy Ohaka

Return to Christmas Thoughts