Anyone had their party yet?

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
mandy0221
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Anyone had their party yet?

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:13 pm

Hey everyone! My party is next Saturday and what a bummer....already 5 people can't come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is our family party and the local highschools are all having a dance the saturday before Halloween. So my cousins are going.

Has anyone had their party already? WHat worked? What didnt?

EvilMel
Haunt Master

Post by EvilMel » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:53 pm

Hey Mandy, as you saw in those pictures...I had mine already (Friday the 13th actually).

So here's something that really worked for me:
On my back patio I set up a 6ft craft table with one of those disposable plastic/paper cloths on it (I know you have one because I just sent you one!). Then I put two coolers right in front of it (not quite underneath but kinda) filled with ice for cans/drinks. I saw somewhere about putting glow sticks in the coolers. I only used 2 per cooler, and it was a bit dim, but it was neat...green glow whenever you open the cooler. I also put a bowl of ice on the table, along with cups and sodas. Then I put our recycling bin at one end of the table. All the cans and bottles ended up in the bin! Also, at the end of the night (well actually the next day) I just folded up that dirty table cloth and threw it out!

I also had music playing, while the TV was on mute with scary movies playing. That was pretty cool and everyone seemed to get into it...talking about which scenes were their favorite from the movies and such.

Then I put all the food in places that people naturally would congregate in my house. It happens to be in the dining room area beside the kitchen and living room. It's all very open in my case, but that worked well...people will ALWAYS gravitate towards food. Well...Mandy...all of us southern people will always gravitate toward the food, hah hah.

I wish you had said you were having a party because I coulda steered your gift that way! But oh well...you are somewhat equipped with your DVDs, CD, spider serving bowl (put a couple of paper towels in it and you can display virtually any food item in there!) and tablecloth.

I hope it goes well and most importantly...TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:04 pm

Hey Mel thanks for all of the great ideas. I never thought about glowsticks in a cooler...I have a giant orange tub I got on clearence at Target that I was going to put some drinks in so I just may have to add the glow sticks.

I also never thought about playing a scary movie on mute. If there is any sort of game on though...that is what the men will all go and turn on!

I think actually all of your gifts are going to work at the party....I just havent figured out a place for the bats yet.....hmmm

brendaboo
Ghost

Post by brendaboo » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:49 pm

I too play Halloween music with a movie on mute on the tube. I use "Night of the Living Dead". Any old black and white scary flick will work. I host a party each year and post photos of previous years on black posterboard, everyone likes seeing pics of themselves.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:39 pm

Oh I love that idea too Brenda....I am glad I am getting some neat ideas. I have a halloween ribbon board so I could put the pictures on that!!!!

Thanks!

Angbunny
Ghost

My party is tonight!

Post by Angbunny » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Being in the UK it's sort of frowned upon to decorate (at all) so my party is tonight and I have been decorating all day - I'm so tired now I'm worried that the zombie in the corner will be me!

I'm really excited about it, I was brought up in Scotland where Halloween is a big thing, but moved to England (where it's not) so I have been trying to spread some Halloween magic! I have about 35 people coming this evening who are also very excited about it as they have never been to a Halloween party before.
I have a cemetery in my front yard and have done my house up like a haunted house so I hope they'll like it.

I'm working on my boyfriend to take me to the USA for Halloween next year but I don't know where the best place is to go - any suggestions?
I'm not even talking Disney - I'd love to see how real Americans celebrate (is it considered bad form to join in?)

Anyway - must dash, I have to make a cauldron full of vodka cocktail and get into my costume! Happy Halloween everyone!

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:53 pm

Wow, you must be pumped about your party tonight! Don't worry about being too tired becuase I am sure when guest start coming and the party starts rocking you'll get your second wind and be right in the mix of things... I can't really say anything about the USA as I am a Canadian but Halloween I am sure is great in the US as in Canada. I am sure that just about anywhere in the North Americas would have some sort of a celebration going on....

I hope your get together goes gruesomely great! :) and make sure you bust a move and have a drink for us too :wink: !
Cheers and Happy Halloween :twisted:
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Fahren
Ghost

Post by Fahren » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:22 pm

Angbunny,
Bad form to join in??? Absolutely not! It would be bad form NOT to join in! What a surprise that Halloween isn't celebrated in England, since some of the primary customs supposedly came from there.

As for where to go, the largest public Halloween celebration in the United States is in New York City. (No surprise there.) "The annual Village Halloween Parade in New York City has been taking place since 1973, and attracts more than 2 million people from all over the world. It is also the country's only major nighttime parade." Hope you make it!