If you're out of budget for the Christmas you may try this recipe substitute to cakes.
very simple and affordable but delicious.
* 1 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
* 1 cup butter
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box
* add to shopping list Add to Shopping List
* Customize Recipe
* add a personal note Add a Personal Note
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Grease and line a 9 x 13 inch pan.
3. Combine first 4 ingredients. Take 1/2 cup of flour mixture and dredge the dates.
4. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after every addition. Gradually stir in flour mixture.
5. Add dates and walnuts and stir until completely combined.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes. Lower heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and bake for 30-40 minutes or until done.
7. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes and cut into bars. Wrap individually with foil or colored cellophane wrap.
Share your recipes and cooking tips!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests