Experienced Projector Users?

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Experienced Projector Users?

Post by Bafa » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:40 am

I was thinking of dressing my 7 year old daughter up in her white dress, wetting her down hair and all and letting her hair hang down in frongt of her face just a bit. Then film her just standing there and loop the image, with just a bit of after effect twich added here and there.

I have a projector that I use to watch movies with effects, gives a real theater experience. I could put it upstairs and project the video onto the window just above where the trick or treaters would come. I was thinking if I did this right that it would appear as if a ghost were staring down at them from the upper window.

If anyone has played around with this concept or knows any tricks to get me a better effect please let me know. I am not looking to have it very bright, just enough to look up and say omg there is someone up there. Thanks.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:19 am

Wow, I haven't but it sounds great. Let us know how it goes please.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:27 pm

You will definitely have to cover your window with something it can be projected upon. If you don't, it's just going to shoot right through your window. I suggest trying some sort of window tint, or maybe stretching a piece of cheesecloth very tightly over the inside of the window. Howwever, if your window is paneless and it has a windscreen, you might be able to project it on the screen. The lights will definitely have to be off in the room, but I bet you know that already. You might try it without any window covering first, just to see if I'm wrong . . . that would be an awesome effect, though.
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Post by Bafa » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:41 pm

I will try without covering just to see, but I had planned on using her curtain. Its a sheer white see thru-ish kind of fabric. Like cheese cloth but a finer knit, yet easier to see thru. I was thinking of just pulling it so its smooth and projecting on to it so it looks like the girl in actually in the room looking down.

I would think if I project onto the window by using ting that it may give the appearance that i am definatly projecting. Hopefully by hitting the curtain a foot or at least several inches before the window it woukld give more of the illusion that there is a girl in the room rather than plastered against the window. I have some day off coming up and I will definatly have to play with it.

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:26 am

It'd be nice if the curtain was grey, that way all you'd see is the projection. Yes, backing it off the window 6 - 8" is a great idea. Please post pics if it's a success!
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Post by Bafa » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:47 am

Grey... great idea. I'll stop by Wally World and check on prices.

MildredHubble
Ghost

Post by MildredHubble » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:12 pm

It sounds like a great idea! I think a grey curtain would work best as well. If you can't find a grey curtain, be sure to check the fabric department at wally world. I'm sure you could pick up a few yards of fabric for under $10 and either sew your own curtains, or pin the grey to existing curtains.