Lighted Pathway

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Bafa
Crypt Keeper

Lighted Pathway

Post by Bafa » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:26 pm

So I think I have an idea for an inexpensive lighted pathway that sends the message "Come get your candy here!" Garden Ridge or some other type of large craft store sells a bag of 100 tealight candles for like $1.50. I am getting 16 oz styrofoam cups and placing one in the bottom of each and lining my driveay.

I am not sure if I will weight the bottom with a little water or sand or what, but I am hoping it looks good. I may even have my kids draw silhoutte figures on the sides of them.

If it works out I'll try to get a picture. If it doesn't I'll post the problem here and maybe a solution for next year.

Spooky
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Spooky » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:29 am

Definately put sand in the bottom, or they will blow away and can even catch on fire.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:51 pm

That is a good idea....I have also seen plastic clear cups used. You can even put water in the cups and let the tea lights float....(yes they will float) and it will hold them down.

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:11 pm

I've done that before, only with brown paper bags. I plan on doing it again this year. At least if it doesn't rain . . .
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.