Trick or treating curfew...

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
Halloween the 13th
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Trick or treating curfew...

Post by Halloween the 13th » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:38 pm

I noticed a headline on the home page... "Police want trick or treating curfew".

Not sure about everyone else, but this has already taken effect to some degree in my neck of the woods.

For the past, oh I don't know 7 or 8 years, there is a designated time during which to trick or treat. I don't think it's a "law" but just guidelines that are put the local paper every year. It's usually about 2 or three hours. Which I can understand, only the starting time is 4 freakin 30!!!

So by 7:30 at the latest, you are not allowed to trick or treat, because by that time it is dark or very close to it. Supposedly because of too may accidents and juvenille activity.

To me, this sucks. I'm 31 years old and don't TOT, but when I was a kid, the thing that made it fun was doing it at night! In my opinion this should fall on the shoulders of the parents in that they are and should be responsible for their children.

Hell, when I was a kid we Trick or treated untill 10 or 11 o'clock. And if someone had their front porch lights or indoor lights off, we knew not to go to that house. However, 90 percent of the houses were fair game even as late as 10.

This has been an aggravating issue for me for several years now, just thought I'd vent a little. May have already been discussed here before but please let me know all of your opinions.
The 13 days of Halloween was my idea!!! My idea I say!!!

LadyLestat
Vampire

Post by LadyLestat » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:08 pm

Oh that is total bullcrap!! 4 freakin 30?!?! I dont even live where this is going on and it still pisses me off. People are just trying to kill the Halloween spirit. freaking fascists. They want to run everything.
" A true poet is of the Devil's party." - William Blake

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:37 am

I think that curfews have good intentions....but in some cities are just not necessary. I loved going at night time when I was a kid. It was neat because then you saw all the cool decorations and such. Why is everyone plotting against Halloween!!!!!

I say crack down on police patrol so there is no vandelism...then call it a day.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:22 pm

we have a bit of a curfew here also, not as strict though. i believe it's 6-9 or 10, or whenever the candy runs out. the town doesn't want kids out all night though, and parents have to be w/ the kids
trick or treat

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:29 am

Well okey maybe for kids with the age's of 10 but in my opinnion a kid that has 13-14 and so oncan stay up late with he's friends,and if he lives in the country better for him
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

White Shadow
Ghost

Post by White Shadow » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:30 am

Its the evil :evil: Halloween haters that want to suck all of the fun out of Halloween. These are the same people that want to raise to age you get your driving license to 18. I say we rise up and annihilate these Halloween haters before they ruin Halloween. :twisted:
People call me psyco,
You never hear from those people again.

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:45 am

I agreee with u burn them to the stake
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:27 pm

I also think curfew should be left up to the parents to decide. As for the older kids...the polica can patrol that.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:57 pm

Yeah I agree with you mandy0221, I am usually done TOT'ing by 7:30 and home for the night and as for the Teenagers usually if they do act up it is minor not to say they should act up but just have a few more patrol cars on the road just in case. I remember being a teen doing the TP, egg, and soap pranks but still I was usually back in the house by 11:00ish... something like that. A group of us did get caught by the police though and it was really funny becuase luckily the police weren't being doorknobs and had a little chat with us, took all of our eggs and ,said we have a ten second head start before they started throughing them at us. Oh course we all ran like Hell, laughing and stuff nobody got hit but I don't think they were actually aiming too hard for us. They most like just wanted to have a little bit of Halloween fun. IT was a good Halloween that night. I think I was around 14 years old. Ahh memories...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:38 pm

Pennywise that sounds like fun. I was such a goody goody that I never did anything like that. My friends did the ding dong ditching one halloween but I just couldnt even handle that. Im such a scardey cat!!! But hey at least I never got into any trouble

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:34 am

Yeah it was a blast. We never really did anything serious just the basic tricks on people we knew... but it was all in the name of fun and I understand some of the things that kids do on Halloween just it is really sad when some people take it too far and go to another level where people get hurt or really truely scared. Fortunately though that doesn't happen too often.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Trick or treating curfew...

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:36 pm

HaoolweenThe13th, I totalya gree. We have the same deal in my town, and it is a law. Trick or Treat is STRICTLY 3:00 to 7:00, and it is a ticketable offence if you TOT any time before 3 or anytime after 7. It's a lame law, though it's the result of the dangers that permiate today's world.

Another thing that I think is pretty lame is that they decided to keep Daylight Savings Time going until after Halloween. Excuse me, but I LIKE it to get dark early on Halloween.

Mike

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:43 pm

Pennywise11, the worst prank I was ever involved with for Halloween was when a bunch of buddies and I got together and shaved the tails of as many of the dogs in our neighborhood as we could. Of course, there were a few dogs that we dared not even try that with, but for the most part, when everyone was out walking their dogs with naked tails, people thought there was some kind of an epidemic going around. We did not get caught, but I certainly would not condone such a thing now that I look at it through the eyes of a 48 year old.

The time we did get caught, it was spraying shaving cream on cars. We were punished by having to spend our day off from school washing cars from dawn to dusk.

Mike

crimson_autumn
Zombie

Post by crimson_autumn » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:25 am

I remember the good ol' days of living in a small town...not only did I trick or treat at night, I could often trick or treat alone! I loved it, actually, because it meant I didn't have to keep up with anyone's pace but my own! :lol:
When witches go riding,
and black cats are seen,
the moon laughs and whispers,
‘tis near Halloween.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:41 pm

I lived in Chicago. 111th & Drake, and we went Trick or Treating during the day, then to the Halloween party at Mt. Greenwood Park, then Trick or Treating to all hours of the night. I would bring home a huge bag full of every kind of candy imaginable.

Mike