FROST!!!!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

FROST!!!!

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:07 am

Well I have to say that this morning was the first morning we had a real frost for the fall o 2006. My son came out of the house this morning to get in the car for our usual morning routine of driving to work and the babysitter and he was so excited... Snow, Snow he said. The lawn was like a sheer frosty blanket and I had to warm the car up with the defrost on and scrap the windows clear. It was so nice. I had the fire going all last night too just to keep the chill off.... Just had to share...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:23 pm

yeah i had a frost where i live too...this is definitly the earliest ive had a frost that heavy. i had a hard time staying warm but that cool, crisp morning air was just a little reminder that the halloween season is upon us!

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:18 am

I am so jealous. Out here in sunny CALIFORNIA, it's still in the mid 70's.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:12 am

w/ the exeption of today, i've had frost for a few days now.
i'm not use to it and i kept forgetting to start up the car
trick or treat

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:35 pm

oh my gosh, I'm so jealous, it's been in the 90's here this week, it's AWFUL. Add that to the flash floods and it's been a weather nightmare. I'd give anything to have some frost, or even temperatures in the 70's!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:25 pm

Wow, I have always lived in places where the seasons can change dramatically fast. I have to say it would be so strange for the weather to be hot now. The other morning when I mentioned about the frost we haven't had it since but it is pretty cool in the mornings. The past couple of nights we have had to leave the fire going all night to keep the chill off. For yous who live in warmer places and don't have the cold nights have you ever visited a area during this time of year that is dramatically different from the warmer climate you are use to celebrating holidays at? .........................I love this time of year....
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:16 am

Cool Penny you will have a Frosty Halloween, and that is more asome :P
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:07 am

I lived in Kansas for a little while and yep that was a BIG change for me. One day it was about 80 and bam, we had a frost and a low of 40. Then of course it snowed (first time for me, living in it, that is) and we had 60 degrees BELOW zero because of the wind chill factor. Hell, all my life I lived in CA, I never even knew that was such an animal as a wind chill factor. But actually watching the leaves turn was amazing. I do miss that.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

geekmidwinter
Haunt Master

Post by geekmidwinter » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:33 am

I have never been out of the south, ever. I went to Chicago once on business, but it was in August, so it was still hot. Other than that, I've never left the Texas/Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama strip of Gulf Coast. But this year it's all changing. On November 11th, my boyfriend and I are flying to Maine for a week, staying in a little cabin in the middle of the woods, right on a little lake. It's going to be spectacular. I have always wanted to visit Canada, my dad's been several times and loves it. Add my fascination with Fall to my love for Hockey, and I think I was born on the wrong side of the Mason Dixon.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:20 pm

Well that will be nice for a bit of a vacation. espcially in November, it will be cool but the smells will be so crisp and the chill will wake you up but it is so hard to really explain what it is truely like being comfy cozy inside on a really cold fall night... magic...oh yes...gotta love that hockey. I am more of a Olympic hockey game watcher but hey hockeys hockey.