Halloween in the city
25%

Total votes: 8

MyersFan1
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Country setting vs. city setting

Post by MyersFan1 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:41 pm

Hey everyone, i was interested in hearing which setting gives you a btter halloween feel? Is it Halloween in the country or Halloween in the city? I believe both settings have their pros and cons. Halloween in the country gives you a great feel for halloween with the changing of the leaves and fields upon fields of corn and pumkins. And halloween in the suberbs have more trick or treaters and houses to get candy from! please express your opinon.

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:26 am

You know, for foliage, pumpkins, apple orchards, etc you can't beat the country. BUT the city has so many more cool things to do, and the I love to see how all the houses are decorated. Good points to both!

tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:21 am

Yes, I would say, points to both because both have their interesting qualities.

But I also like the middle ground--those areas where the big city drops off and starts to become more rural, and you get that creepy lonely feeling with the crickets.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:37 pm

rue to both I love the country little town feel the best.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:00 am

I am living in a country setting now and was born and brought up in a small town however did live in a city for almost 9 years so I have experienced both. I do think they are drastically different then one another but almost equally has enjoyable. I do prefer the small town country feel better though only because usually there is more trees all along the roads so there is alot more leaves blowing and usually you end up walking but a gated cemetary at least onces or twice on your trick or treat route. As for the city there is more people, more costumes, more decorations but the small town can be very creepy and bizzare and have a eerie sense of something lurking in the shadows...
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again

thislazylife
Haunt Master

Post by thislazylife » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:12 pm

That's a tough one. I grew up in Los Angeles on a street lined on both sides by Cypress trees (at least I think they were Cypress), so in the fall there were leaves EVERYWHERE! My neighborhood was like a giant grid of small streets and main drags with tons of houses. So trick-or-treating there was amazing!

Now I live in Humboldt County. Quite rural, plenty of trees, but it seems as far as Halloween night goes, it's kinda dead. I have made it my mission to change all that . . .
Laurie stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at The Shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back.

Winnie Sanderson
Master Reaper

Post by Winnie Sanderson » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:26 pm

I have to say I am torn on this one. I grew up in Nj where the houses we right on top of each other so it was GREAT for TOTing/TOTers plus there were plenty of people in my neighborhood who decorated their houses.

Now I live in the south where halloween isn't really celebrated the way I would like it to be. We live in the country on 7 arces of land that is bordered by state forest land. Great in the creepy dept but not so great since my house is not visable to anyone. I still decorate for ME and now for my 3 year old son to enjoy. I hate not getting any TOTers. sigh....

I am taking my son TOTing for the first time this year and I am teaching him to say Trick or Treat. This will be a wonderful year for us!

William
Haunt Master

Post by William » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:48 am

I whould say that country halloween is the best, i saw on television,and friends tell me how they go trick or treat and there house's are decorated so cool,what can i say:P it's great to live somewere where u can celebrate halloween
Halloween is coming,be sure to be dead until then, if not all hallows eve will take care

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:09 am

this is why i love where i live.
i live in a town that's big enough for the TOTers, but small enough where there's now trouble (yet). and a 10 min drive away is the country where you have the pumpkin patches and the haunted house/trail attractions
trick or treat