Okay, now I'm pissed . . .

Discussion of general Halloween topics
tomanderson
Halloween Master

Post by tomanderson » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:11 am

Today I was going around doing errands and saw several houses with Halloween decorations and it made me really happy. A couple of places had gone to fairly elaborate lengths to set up, say, spooky graveyard scenes and so on in their front lawn.

And I thought, "Wow! Someone out there still knows how to have fun." I actually saw a family setting up their Halloween display together and they looked like they were having a good old time.

bozz

Try the BOO thing !!!!

Post by bozz » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:24 am

Sounds like some of your area's need to really do the Boo thing......its really fun ringing door bells and running back home.....again we were only suppose to get BOO once....we got BOO 4 times.......lol.....then they BOO 3 others....we do have a new neighborhood with lots of little kids........but it took off like wildfire......everybody got "BOO"......I want to do it again......it was really fun hiding in our inflatable house and watching for front doors to open.

Willow
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Willow » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:11 pm

Hi ,
Where i live hardly no one decorates except me and another house at the end of the road. I am in the uk though, we don't seem to celebrate as much as you guys. I wish we did, i get into the swing of things as autumn arrives, little halloween items come out. Id decorate now outside but its just not done here. No one even carves pumpkins. i went into our local Wilkinsons store its like a diy/everthing else store. They usually have decor for sale but nothing! I think i am going to go the only shop that can be counted on.I have seen more christmas stuff around too. Last year i saw a xmas tree end of october as well.

Although i get mad at the decor for sale anyway, it always seems to be aimed at young children, tacky stuff, cheap party plates etc .i would like to see quality wooden brooms and signs and outdoor things, or even decent size pumpkins. Unfortunately not, so i make most of mine.
That's the good part of halloween it uses imagination and lets us connect and get crafty. Most people just hear horror and evil, and thats not the way i see it.

Willow x

Pennywise11
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Pennywise11 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:13 pm

Greetings Willow, I see you are from England. I had my childrens Halloween party (Gathering of the Gruesome) last weekend and I was more excited then usual becuase there was a family from England over visiting some friends of mine and they had their children and there parents (...3 generations) with them and they were all from England. Of course it was a dress up party and most people dressed up and took part in the games and activities I had planned. Anyway I am bringing this up becuase they were explaining to me what Halloween is like over where they were from...not that big of a holiday and they were very surprised and excited about how much we celebrate it here. They seemed to enjoy themself tremendously and the children had a ball. I have a friend in Estonia and she is a pretty big Halloweeny person but mentions its not that big there either... maybe slowly it will catch on and like you said it a time of imagination and wonder and you can make a Halloween as good as you want to just be creative! :D
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again