Halloween Food

Discussion of general Halloween topics
spookyboo
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Halloween Food

Post by spookyboo » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:18 pm

Hey I was just thinking about how certain foods make me think of certain times of the year, aside from the caramel apples and pumpkin pie, cider etc....is there anything you only make at Halloween and not for the rest of the year? For me I would say my Halloween punch ..I only make that at Halloween and of course bleeding jello. I mean try to deck the halls with bleeding jello fala la la la la la la la

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:04 am

There isn't much that I make period, because I just don't cook that much(when I do it is wonderful ) There is one little resteraunt that's on a farm. We only go in the fall. You can get real homecooked food, pick apples and pumpkins, go on a hayride and go through the corn maze, plus there are plenty of more attractions and fun things to do there.

I love how they decorate the place, and it never seems quite like fall to we have eaten there.

MyersFan1
Halloween Master

Post by MyersFan1 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:02 pm

i dont make anything because i dont cook...but i remeber when i was younger my mom would make the greatest jack-o-lantern cookies with orange frosting and black frosting or small candies for the eyes, nose, mouth etc. now that i think of it i might get her to make me some of those this year.

Big_Guh
Haunt Master

Post by Big_Guh » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:41 pm

Candy corn and those "candy Corn" pumpkins.

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:45 pm

isnt there a thread about this???
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

skullychick
Vampire

Post by skullychick » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:12 am

I LOVE HALLOWEEN FOOD!
I'd say my favorites are donuts w/decorative frosting,living dead cupcakes, with oreos crumbled on top & a little barbie arm sticken out, Oh & pumpkin seeds of course.
When there's no more room in Hell,thedeadwill walk the Earth.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:18 pm

My favorite is a secret family recipe for homemade chex mix. It is SOOOOO good but since it makes enough to feed a small army we only make it one time a year and that is during Halloween.

Shad O. Deville
Zombie

Post by Shad O. Deville » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:04 pm

orange oreos (w/ peanut butter, that's a given). also i find myself wanting to add cinnamon to everything. like the other day i was making chocolate chip cookies and thinking about halloween and i got this random urge to put cinnamon in them (they were DELICIOUS if i do say so myself, in case anyone else wants to try that.). Or once i was at panera and decided to put cinnamon in my coffee (that was a BAD idea, i dont reccomend it). Also, ive tried stirring hot cocoa with a cinnamon stick (now THAT actually works). *takes deep breath* ok cinnamon rant is officially OVER.
Shad O. Deville, Shad O. Deville, if she doesn't scare you (with her endless raving) no evil thing will... *roars*

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:30 pm

chili.
every halloween party i've goe to/thrown, there was always chili
yum
trick or treat

Shad O. Deville
Zombie

Post by Shad O. Deville » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:25 pm

CHILI! YES! I LOVE CHILI!!!!!!!!!! *licks lips*
Shad O. Deville, Shad O. Deville, if she doesn't scare you (with her endless raving) no evil thing will... *roars*

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:25 pm

Oh yesssssssssss! Chili is awesome! I love mine spicey!

uncletor
Halloween Master

Post by uncletor » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:33 pm

Yeah, theres' usualy a chilli on the stove and what with spills it starts to look like gore after awhile. Amazing how the LITTLE things freak out the kids...I've had em stop and stare and WONDER what the red stuff and MEAT COMING DOWN THE FRONT was..Mine has to be less spicey. My ancestors may have helped make Halloween, but our cooking is also based on THE DARE...plus for a lot of Scots, KRAFT DINNER is considered spicey..I can take more then Dad did, but he quit at Spanish rice..but I bow to a higher authority...I know about the RING OF FIRE that will result..if if stays down..
Future events such as these will effect you in the future

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:16 pm

I always make a "ghost in the graveyard" dessert. Layers of oreo cookie crumbs, orange jello, cream cheese and cool whip, then decorate the top with cookies, more crumbs, candy pumpkins and coolwhip "ghosts". I usually wind up making several, one for work, one for the Halloween party, and one for a good friend of mine who says it is her favorite dessert ever. (She can literally eat the whole thing herself! :oops: ) The recipe is on the Jello website, under graveyard dessert.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 am

that sound sssssssssoooooooooooo good
trick or treat

Pennywise11
Halloween Master

Post by Pennywise11 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:06 am

Yeah for my past halloween parties I have had a variety of foods layed out. Last year was Chilli...I know already mentioned but hey it is a classic. I had made a huge pot but put it in a bit turkey roaster so just before it was time to eat I had made a faux corpes ( with the arms, legs..the whole shabang) laid out on my dining room table and had my roaster of chilli in the stomach area with the shirt of my corpse around it as I had cut a hole in it. Anyway it worker out ok. Gross gut chilli ! Also I wanted to mention I made deviled eggs and drizzled a bit of ketchup over the yolk area to make it look like a blood shot eye ball and an olive as the pupil. Another things was I made slice turkey lettuce and either mustard or mayo on a tortitia bread, rolled it up and then cut it so they almost looked like the cinnimon bun swirls only I had a little card beside the tray and called then Severed Spines. and of course the old freeze a latex (non powdered) glove with water for the punch bowl or make regular ice cubes but put gummy worms in them while they freeze just make sure the water is cold when you fill the tray. Chicken wings could be bat wings.... there are so many neat ideas out there.
1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door 5, 6, Grab A Crucifix 7, 8, Better Stay Up Late 9, 10, Never Sleep Again