Jack Skellington's Fright Night 2006!!!

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.
Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Jack Skellington's Fright Night 2006!!!

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:41 pm

We are putting on a big Haunted house in Riverside California for my Street we do it every year this year our theme is Haunted Mansion Holiday with Jack skellington (me) for meet and greet, our Haunted house is Free to the public, we will be adding computer controlled lighting this year and every 15 minutes a special Show with audio from the Haunted mansion Holiday Stretching Room Audio will play along with other shows with diffrent music every 15 to 30 minutes, this is a pretty big event and is sponcered by my mom's child Care buisness Linda's Family child care the location will be at 5089 Bellamy PL Riverside California, thanks our friends for letting us use there yard and driveway to put on this event!

Event info:
Halloween night from 5-10:30pm hours may be extended

Light shows Sequenced to Halloween Audio and music with
LOR(Light-O-Rama) The shows will be every 15-30 minuted depending on crowd and technicle Problems

Jack Skellington Meet and greet:
some see jack skellington in person to take pictures and greet with him jack skellington will be appearing through out the night atarting at 5:30

Haunted house story:

Jack Skellington is coming from Halloween Town to decorate this lovely Home into an all out Frightmare House just for the holiday season, Jack will be at the event wishing all a Scary Charistmas and a Haunted new year!

This event is put on by Mobile sets Stage Lighting & FX and is Sponcered by Linda's Family child care!

Christopher
Last edited by Light/sound tech Chris on Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lighting and sound tech for
Mobile Sets Stage Lighting & FX

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:31 pm

Wow! That sounds very, very cool. Wish I could see it. Please post pictures of it afterwards so that we can enjoy it as well.
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:45 pm

Yea it should turn out great I hope it does haha. We are going to be posting poster up around our neiborhood for everyone to come on over to see Jack Skellington. I will post pictures of set-up too and during the event And have a Behind the scenes look at the designing and Contruction!

Chris

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:00 am

i would love to see it.

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

Event already being planned!!

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:18 pm

I will get pictures of the event and post it.

Well with HAlloween slowly Creeping our way we have already begun Programing and Planning for our big event this event is always free and is not one of those big hundreds of thousands of dollar events but will be pretty big and is very popular with our block, we get over a hundred people walking thought our Haunted house every year and this year we might have it open october 30th and 31st, we are still thinking about it.

We need October 30th to get every thing programed and ready, we will be working round the clock all night sometimes until 2am in the morning just to get it all ready and even then we start in the morning on october 31st to put up or Sound system that will creat super surround sound around the WHOLE display and we even start the decorating prosess 2-3 weeks before the events.
We have CM's (cast members ) called Scaracters to scare you as you walk through (but not scare you too much they are tought to never scare young kids that may get really scared) and this includes Jack skellington.

We will begin contruction on our Housing (Huge Car port tent) for the Haunted house in September and start testing new Special effects we even start our Halloween Cast member meetings in augest our first meeting is suposed to be this friday but may be delayed to another date these meetings for for CM's only to duscuss new things going on and new ideas we have alot of help already and thanks to all our CMs

Christopher

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:02 pm

I really like audio sync shows I have always loved halloween music.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:02 pm

yea our show is going to have audio synced shows As in Light Shows avery 15-30 minutes that night I own a Stage Lighitng and Sound Company so we are going to program it using the Light O rama Software they sell on that sight this will be our first year using Light O Rama we have done light shows but using DMX but we want a Computer controlled show that we do not have to be there to controll every time so this should look really cool.

Christopher

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

Special Effects that will be used!

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:07 pm

well most of the Special effects that we will be using will be..

Fog Machines, snow Machines ( since it will be Haunted mansion holiday) to have snow falling over the grave yard Tons of strobes that will be used in diffrent sequence of shows to have a storm show with all the Special effects going as if it were rainging, we will also be having Big Scream TV The Crystal Ball effect and add the Audio from the Haunted mansion's Madome Leota and for a couple of areas we will have Low lying fog coming out of the Grave yard and near the entrence of the Haunted house.

And thats a Scoop a small scoop of what we will be using our Jack skellington costume will be bought from Down town Disney at Disney land and costs 58 dollars we buy a new one each year.

Christopher
Lighting/Sound Tech for mobile Sets

Celtic Ghoul
Master Reaper

Post by Celtic Ghoul » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:05 pm

You guys do things the right way!! I wish I lived in your neighborhood. Does everyone pitch in towards this? How many people work on doing this and how did the tradition get started?

Maybe I can start something smaller here in Texas.
While friends and loved ones mourn your silly grave, I have other uses for you, darling. ~ I love the Dead, Alice Cooper

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master

Post by halloweenqueen » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:27 pm

I agree. I wish there was something similar to that near me.. I would love to be involved in that!!! sounds awesome! please post pics!!!
:D

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:04 am

Yay, a cool event by me. I live in Anaheim, right by Disneyland. Used to live in Corona many moons ago. Just wish you could do it for more nights. Oh by the way, Chris, are you going to Haunt this year?
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:04 pm

Cool I go to Disneyland all the time, infact we are going this Friday and next Friday, we always to a Haunt every year it's not that big of an event but we do get ALOT of people, we where thinking of having it 2 nights but with Candy being given out on the 31st, but we ruled that out simply because we have alot of work to do the night before, we do this because our niebors don't really like to decorate so we have to do it really good to stand out, and have people some down our street and it works GREAT! I will be posting alot more on new stuff being added and stuff that will and might be taken away![/code]

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

Crew, Set up,Characters

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:20 pm

the crew it takes to build and decorate our Haunted house is 6 and all those people are the characters for the event also I am jack (sorry if there are any kids under 10) nobody seems to want to be Jack so I play him haha the crew dress up to what they want, I am the Manager of the event along with my sister and MY friend TIm who helps me out with the lighting he makes the total crew up to 7 people. we decide what our haunted house is during around July and start designing we have all of our props by the end of September halfway though October and we do set up about weeks before Halloween to tell everyone that we are doing it again. I will begin to post pics soon of the Fram for the main Room of the aunted house there are 2 Main room that are BIG the second room we don't have up until around the weekend of the event. we do testing with our Lighting,Audio and special effects 2 weeks before the event sometimes that weekend to make sure everything is working we have a Pretty good size crowed watching just for testing the Lighting and fog haha. I have a name for all of my crew and they are called CM's like Disneyland's CM's they have to be very nice to small kids but Scary to bigger kids on the night of the event we call them Scaracters. Jack will be out through the night he will not be out all night ( I will not I should say) because of how hot the costume can get I have a rest area in the back in our Garage for the CM's (Cast members) or what we call the BACK STAGE AREA! security for the event is very good we have security cameras and Scare cams which will watch for who is walking up twards the house this will give the Scaracters enough time to get into posission it gives up about a 2 minute prep time thats how far the camera is from the Hauntes house, all the cameras are feeded to our Camera/security area which it the Rest area and BACK STAGE AREA we just keep monitoring it while we are back stage and have it recording to catch anything wrong going on.

Well thats my info post about the event we will have updates coming whith info on what new effects we will be having and what effects may not be in the event so keep checking back.

our HAlloween Haunted house is put on by a dedicated staff and is free to all our niebors and who ever wants to come.

Christopher

Light/sound tech Chris
Zombie

Location info

Post by Light/sound tech Chris » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:56 pm

if you live near Riverside and would like to check out the display WE DO NOT DO AN ALL OUT BIG PROFFESIONAL DISPLAY so please do not expect it we so it big anough for our Niebor hood but every one is welcomed this is not a party and we do not allowe people to stay around the display for long periods of time if you would like to ask questions about the displaya please ask Cristopher he is the Official Tech for the display for Location info please PM Chris or to ask questions just post any questions you may have.

Haunted house
manager

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:02 am

No one wants to play Jack?? Hmm, perhaps I should introduce you to my fiancee coincidentally named Jack. He's six foot tall and slender. If you don't feel like dressing up, I know he would love to do it. Let me know.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry