Discussion of general Halloween topics
buck588
Vampire

Post by buck588 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:56 pm

Well as soon as Halloween is over you can hop onto

http://www.thanksgivingcentral.com

or

http://www.christmasdiscussion.com

and start talking about the next two upcoming Holidays, that is unless you are a one holiday person and don't care for the other two as much.

bozz

Post by bozz » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:46 pm

I know the feeling....its kinda of bummer that I'm out of cash and see all this cool stuff on sale....wish I could do a little more.....I want to hit some spooky parks and trails or houses but my family is not as into it and my boys only 11.....he's about ready......I just hope I'm ready......enjoy while you can......you guys and gals are great here !!!!

BlkAsH
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by BlkAsH » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:52 pm

I am already starting to get down about Halloween being over too though. I guess because I had my party this Friday night and that's over now. I have actually already started taking down some of the halloween decorations I had up for the night and am putting them away. I'm leaving some stuff up of course but because I live in the country and off the highway there's no one to see them except myself and my roommate who wants the stuff down as soon as Halloween's over. Anyhow I've got at least one more party to attend and I'm driving my friend around next friday to a couple of Haunted House attractions. So maybe that'll perk me up some. I definately plan on being around here after Halloween. Perhaps not as much as before but I'm sure that I'll pop in and out as time permits and once July rolls around I'm usually starting to think about Halloween and make plans. Hang in there everyone!
.:~* Even though Halloween is gone, the spirit of it still lives on *~:.

LittleDollClaudia
Haunt Master

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:49 am

I'm sorry BlkAsH that you feel so let down already. Hopefully the haunted houses will keep your spirits up! I guess I am really a freak 'cause I will stay on here all year round and talk and update to whoever stays on here.
"I dress this way just to keep them at bay 'cause Halloween is every day."-Ministry

ElMuertoMan17
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Post Halloween Depression

Post by ElMuertoMan17 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:03 pm

I feel this way as well come November 1st. I am not a big fan of Thanksgiving or Christmas(I don't like turkey). And I know thanksgiving isn't all about turkey and christmas isn't all about presents or whatever but It just doesn't appeal to me
La bruja, la bruja
se quedó encerrada
en una burbuja.
La bruja, la boba
con escoba y todo
con todo y escoba.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:30 pm

Halloween is my favorite day of the year, so I really hate to see it end, but I don't think I actualy get depressed. When I was a kid, I use to get very depressed during the post Christmas Winter season. That first day back to school was really brutal. I was like that all through grammer school and high school.

Mike

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Well think of it this way, Halloween is like a friend that you only get to see once a year. It's kind of sad seeing them go, but you know you get to visit that friend again the following year.
However, although I do feel a little bummed out that Halloween's over, I think putting up the Christmas decorations right afterwards helps to fill the void. Usually I start thinking about Christmas after Halloween's over, although I'm considering putting aside for presents early so I'll have a lot I can spend on my family. If Halloween is my favorite holiday, Christmas is a VERY close second.
Funny this topic got brought up, Halloween's just begining, we shouldn't be thinking about it ending already! :lol:
As for Halloween being the shortest Holiday, it depends on how you see it.
If you celebrate All Hallows Eve, All Saints Day and All Souls day, it seems rather long.
If you celebrate oban week in Japan, well, that's a whole week. Although Oban week is a lot different than Halloween, but Oban week lasts a whole week and is another celebration of the dead.
Then you have Dia De Muertos.
Some people party all night long on Halloween. It doesn't have to end just because the trick or treating's over. That's what costume parties and ordering a pizza is for! Plus there's plenty of other things to do to celebrate, including watching horror movies. Personally, my ideal Halloween would probably last the entire night.
Last edited by DemonSlayerMau on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Samhain
Master Reaper

Post by Samhain » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:54 pm

I deal with my post Halloween blues by hitting up all the stores for their hugely discounted Halloween items.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:00 pm

There ya go Samhain! That's one way to do it.
Not to mention we get a Friday the 13th in November, so we'll at least get a "Little Halloween" to help us get through the post Halloween blues THIS year.

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:35 pm

DemonSlayerMau wrote:There ya go Samhain! That's one way to do it.
Not to mention we get a Friday the 13th in November, so we'll at least get a "Little Halloween" to help us get through the post Halloween blues THIS year.
I'm looking forward to the Friday the 13th! My birthday will be the next day, so I'm hoping that I can get some of my friends together for a horror-themed birthday party. At least we'll all be free that night since all of us will be attending college this fall. :mrgreen:

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:57 pm

I'm going to college too, and the receptionist said I could decorate the campus for Halloween! :lol:
After taking college once before and not doing as well, this time around I'm doing way better.

Autumnal_whispers
Crypt Keeper

Post by Autumnal_whispers » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:57 pm

I didn't do that wonderful in high school. Depression crept up on me around my freshman year, and anyone with depression can tell you how hard it is to car e about grades when you don't even care enough to live. Enough of the depressing stuff though! I've gotten much better since I graduated high school two years ago, and I'm so determined to do well in college that it feels like it's impossible to do badly. :)
I'm really hoping my college gets into the Halloween spirit! If they bought the supplies, I could have a blast decorating the whole campus.

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:23 pm

I,m sorry guys but I know this is not a topic to laugh about but when you see everyone talk about 2006 Halloween you think man that must have sucked really bad. And then Boom 3 years later a skeleton with a hat on did anybody else notice that lol :).

I get that way to I mean the last couple of years since I have been out of high school for a year now. I just get more excited about it cause I can spend more and I can come up with better decoration plans. Now for me people call me crazy But I start thinking about Halloween after March 14 my birthday. Then my second favorite holiday the 4th is like a halfway point to my favorite holiday of all time Halloween. Up here in Ohio its beautiful the fall trees turning and there is just a feeling beginning of September where you know and feel spooky its Halloween time. Then the Stores open like Halloween USA , And I just love the feeling you get from it.

And really I celebrate Halloween all month October 1st until the early Nov.1 eating candy and watching horror movies. But to tell you the truth I get so upset sometimes after its done plus last years for me was very hard, I can't hardly come on here without getting the feeling gasp... its over and I have to put the stuff back up. But I think now is the time to get psyched about it with the displays coming out early this year I have never been more excited about Halloween plus its on a Saturday. So college football and Halloween I love it. :)
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:26 pm

When I say I don't start thinking about Halloween until After my B-day what I mean is that is when I start thinking of plans and layouts. Trust me Halloween Is on my mind 24/7 and I will probably be on here more after this years.
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

crimson_autumn
Zombie

Post by crimson_autumn » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 pm

Oh my goodness, I definitely went through this last year, especially since I felt I got cheated out of having a good Halloween due to absence of trick or treaters =(
When witches go riding,
and black cats are seen,
the moon laughs and whispers,
‘tis near Halloween.