I love Halloween so much I have 3 Partys a year

Discussion of general Halloween topics
shanbanclear
Vampire
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by shanbanclear » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:08 am

By the way, "The Monster Squad" is out of print and there are reportedly no plans to re-release it. So if you check out ebay, you will see that used copies of the movie are fetching a pretty high price. The copyright on the film has expired so people are trying to convert the film to DVD themselves and sell it, but I heard the quality is not very good. So if you feel like making a little extra change, you could probably sell your copy, especially since halloween is just around the corner! I wouldn't sell it though........

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:30 pm

wow that is cool I loved that movie............wolfmans got nards

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:49 pm

I totally would never sell that movie! I loved it so much as a kid, and now that it is so hard to find I owuldn't want to get rid of the only copy I have. Maybe somebody will smarten up and re-release it.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:52 pm

I saw it once on VHS I wish I woul dhave grabbed it but I haven't seen it since like 1989 or something.
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

shanbanclear
Vampire

Post by shanbanclear » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:39 pm

I'm tempted to buy a vhs copy off of ebay, but knowing my luck, I would buy it and the announcement would come that they are releasing it on DVD! I think I will be patient and wait for it to be released. I think I saw it on television a year or two ago as well, so hopefully one of the channels will play in this halloween!

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:32 pm

My copy is a little fuzzy and it buzzes. :( i know it's because it's so old and tapes don't really last that long. Mine was in the basement where it got a little damp this spring so that helped to damage the quality even more, along with my old "Phatasm" tape. I put it in today and was upset at how awful the quality is. I hope it gets on DVD someday.

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:46 am

it will does anyone remember the cover?

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

shanbanclear
Vampire

Post by shanbanclear » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:35 pm

you can actually just type in monster squad in a search engine to pull up what the posters and cover for the movie looks like.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:32 am

Shanbanclear, I love your avatar! I'm a big fan of the Halloween films. :D

tantraman
Halloween Master

Post by tantraman » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:02 am

I agree I love the half micheals face.

shanbanclear
Vampire

Post by shanbanclear » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:09 pm

Thanks!

MWRuger
Vampire

Post by MWRuger » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:59 am

shanbanclear wrote:By the way, "The Monster Squad" is out of print and there are reportedly no plans to re-release it. So if you check out ebay, you will see that used copies of the movie are fetching a pretty high price. The copyright on the film has expired so people are trying to convert the film to DVD themselves and sell it, but I heard the quality is not very good. So if you feel like making a little extra change, you could probably sell your copy, especially since halloween is just around the corner! I wouldn't sell it though........
Actually, copyright on the film has not expired. Current copyright law in the US is 28 or 95 years for works copyrighted 1923-1963; 95 years for works copyrighted 1964-1977; thereafter life plus 70 years. (Copyrights prior to 1923 have expired.) In the case of “work for hire” which is basically what all films for studios are the date is from first publication of the work. All those DVD burns are bootlegs.

That said, there are some decent DVD transfers of Monster Squad that have been done from Laserdiscs. They are pretty sharp and clean. I ran it last year on my Film Festival. Decent print with low grain. Fun film.

BlackCat
Haunt Master

Post by BlackCat » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:09 pm

Do you know where oe can get a copy? Ebay maybe?

MWRuger
Vampire

Post by MWRuger » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:44 am

Email me at mwruger@(removethis)swbell.net and maybe I can help.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:15 am

i have 2 parties on the same day. in the afterneen for the kids and at night for the adults. it may sound a little hectic, but really it's not. the kids's party only lasts 3 hours (1-4) and the adult party's from 6-whenever. that gives me 2 hours to prepare some more food. all the decorations are already up, and everyone in the house is already dressed up from the kid's party. so i't actually really easy
trick or treat