Sheila
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Seen a lot of movies but don't know backgrounds...

Post by Sheila » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:46 pm

As I was thinking about scary movies, I realized that I have seen quite a few but don't really know much about the characters because I only seem to watch the first film. I saw Halloween 1 and H2O and Nightmare on Elm Street 1 and Freddy v. Jason but none of the other Jason movies. So anyways, what's the deal with each of them? I know Jason has something to do with a controlling mother and a lake, and Freddy was a rapist or something? And was it ever really explained why Michael Myers is the way he is? Any clarification would be appreciated.
"I sense there's something in the wind..."

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:38 pm

ok

jason was mentaly disabled and drowned when he was a little kid. the camp counselors weren't watching him, so jason's mom took revenge and killed a bunch of couselors. 1 counselor killed mom and jason saw it. now jason took revenge and killed whoever came around

freddy was the son of a hundred maniacs. his mom, a nun, was accidentally locked up in an assylum w/ a bunch of nut jobs and was raped repeatedly. freddy was the result. he was put in foster care and his foster parent (played by the incredible alice cooper) beat him a lot and kids at school would tease him. w/out too much more detail, freddy became a psycho. he would rape and kill kids. he was caught but a legal loophole set him free. the parents got pissed, found him and torched him. the dream demons found him in the burning boiler room and offered him immortality in dreams to kill.

i'm gonna let someone else ecplaim micheal, coz after all these yrs i still don't understand the samhein and the voodoo and the man in black.
trick or treat

Sheila
Zombie

Post by Sheila » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:28 pm

Thanks for responding! Did you get all this information from watching all the movies in the series or was in all explained in the first one? Anyone know about about Michael Myers?
"I sense there's something in the wind..."

midnight kitty
Haunt Master

Post by midnight kitty » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:03 pm

you have to watch all the movies in each series.
so if you have a day or 2 to do absolutely nothing, then sit, watch, and learn :twisted:
trick or treat

neverendingwonder
Crypt Keeper

Post by neverendingwonder » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:25 am

I second that motion.

Why spoil all the excitement of learning the stories as they were meant to be told? Watch the movies!
NeverEndingWonder Halloween Radio Empire
http://www.NeverEndingWonder.com/halloween.htm