The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus

Books, poems, stories and other tales!

The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus

Postby Holly Cl'Oz on Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:44 pm

This book was written by the author of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, L. Frank Baum. Baum puts his own unique spin on the origins of Santa. There's been some animated adaptations of the story including one by Rankin and Bass but I haven't really cared for them. I heard there's supposed to be a live action version and I hope it does justice to the story. Another charming christmas story I've found to be very imaginative.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christm'oz
Holly Cl'Oz

Postby airhead on Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:27 pm

Sounds like a good book.
airhead

Re: The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus

Postby KittyClausMeow on Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:38 pm

Holly Cl'Oz wrote:. There's been some animated adaptations of the story including one by Rankin and Bass but I haven't really cared for them. I heard there's supposed to be a live action version and I hope it does justice to the story. Another charming christmas story I've found to be very imaginative.

:D

COOL
Well, Merry Christmas

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

*Luv yall*

Kitty

(WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)
KittyClausMeow

Location: Who wants to know? Only predators and hackers do!!!!

Postby jerseygirl13 on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:46 am

I love the Rankin and Bass version! Also, I think it's really cool that it was written by L. Frank Baum cuz I'm obsessed with The Wizard Of Oz. :)
jerseygirl13

Postby Chris on Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:26 pm

What is interesting is to see Denslow (the guy who initially illustrated The Wonderful Wizard of Oz) illustrating The Night Before Christmas. He did it in 1902 and looks a lot different than most other illustrations of TNBC. It is fun just because it is so different.

Holly Cl'Oz wrote:This book was written by the author of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, L. Frank Baum. Baum puts his own unique spin on the origins of Santa. There's been some animated adaptations of the story including one by Rankin and Bass but I haven't really cared for them. I heard there's supposed to be a live action version and I hope it does justice to the story. Another charming christmas story I've found to be very imaginative.
Chris

Postby SnowMau on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:44 pm

I never read the story. What's it about? Obviously it's about Santa Claus, but I'd like to see how imaginative the story behind Santa is. If it's good maybe I'll look for it myself.
Look out Rudolph, Santa might just replace you with the cute, magical, Christmas Kittens!
SnowMau

Location: Throwing Snowballs at the neighbor kids XD Just kidding.

Postby Thom on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:47 pm

SnowMau wrote:I never read the story. What's it about? Obviously it's about Santa Claus, but I'd like to see how imaginative the story behind Santa is. If it's good maybe I'll look for it myself.

I was thinking similar. Thanks for the recommendation Holly Cl'Oz!
Thom

Postby ANGELPUGS on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:40 pm

There are some some versions even on the net which i have checked out there are a few nice ones as i enjoy reading things like that.
SANTA006.gif
SANTA006.gif (20.72 KiB) Viewed 3324 times
graphics_06.gif
graphics_06.gif (31.44 KiB) Viewed 3324 times
ANGELPUGS

Return to Christmas Literature